unable to access 128 Kb stream
September 15, 2006 10:38AM
Windows Media Player gave the following response for the first time in my experience:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."
Re: unable to access 128 Kb stream
September 21, 2006 10:31AM
What version of Windows Media Player are you using?
It was not working with my version 7 on Win 2000. I updated to version 9 and it works fine.

I would recommend using iTunes or WinAmp for streaming.
September 25, 2006 02:40PM
The problem simply went away after a few more attempts of accessing the stream. At one point I did get a message which I think implied that the capacity limit of the server had been reached.
March 20, 2007 11:19AM
Apparently, the server had reached its limits rather like Waldo Jeffers...
computer support
April 02, 2007 08:44AM
I'm wondering if CSU, like Wright State, fixed the mainframe timeclock problem in that Daylight Savings Time was 3 weeks earlier this year, but the software was written long ago. WSU evidently just let the software problem fix itself by ignoring it. So, finally, yesterday, 3 weeks after the start of DST, the WSU mainframe finally caught up. I'm wondering if this mainframe time clock issue might be a problem for keeping records of times with playlists.
May 14, 2008 06:44AM
Over the last couple of days, when the programer plays older recordings (?), the stream comes through only one speaker (like right now, with Tony C playing "Rock and Roll Woman"). The next track Tony C is playing comes through in stereo.
Anonymous User
May 18, 2008 04:44PM
That is not the site. It is our actual on air equipment one of our turn tables seems only pick up one channel from time to time.

We are looking into it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012