Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PSA song marathon?

Posted by Ben DeDominicis 
PSA song marathon?
April 05, 2007 01:26PM
The background music to these great PSAs is very interesting and I would love to hear the whole song which the PSAs are using. I can't get the background song for the bedwetting PSA out of my mind today.

Maybe each programmer might stake a claim on each PSA song as fitting in that show's particular "genre" in order to play it.
Re: PSA song marathon?
April 06, 2007 06:57AM
i am a fan of the new trend where people make PSA's with sped-up or slowed-down tracks, i.e. "the safety dance" (forget what it's for), and the hate crimes PSA with "imagine".

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 06, 2007 12:00PM
The Canine Companions PSA uses Pere Ubu's "All the Dogs Are Barking" and some barking dogs from the BBC sounds effects library.
Anonymous User
April 06, 2007 04:23PM
I looooooove those BBC Records!
April 09, 2007 06:29PM
the chipmunked "imagine" psa is awkwardly amusing, daring and maybe one of the most memorable psas since 911 (yo for a stroke). the fuzzed out/echo chamber house rabbit society remix is even more adorable than the original, and j. guy & adam's cough syrup take on the safety dance could very well become a listener favorite (much like the napolean dynamite bed pissing one). To be honest, I like all the psas at wcsb. Does anyone have any favorites?
April 11, 2007 05:42AM
i love in the "Bullying" PSA when Ryan says "...or a ripped pair of UNDERWEARS due to a wedgie!"
that's probably my favorite.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 28, 2007 08:35AM
What is the English translation of Felipe's Italian-accented, Chilean Spanish PSA? (I know Chileans speak Italian-accented Spanish because the newspaper said so.)
Anonymous User
April 28, 2007 11:42AM
Argentinians...are the one's with the Italian accents. Chileans voice intonations and accent mostly come from the Indigenous tribes that lived there before the Spaniards and Criollos killed off the natives. As far as the High Class peeps go they speak with what a street kid would call cuico accent, which is a highly exaggerate accent that Chileans use to pretend that they have been in several international trips that their Chilean Accent went to shambles....Dumb
April 29, 2007 02:31AM
Jim's "Gun Crimes Hit Home". Jim's soft-spoken, as he is and the message kind of requires. But I can "hear" his shitty grin. Even better, the "birds and flowers" music AFTER EASY-E!!! Generic Drugs--Eric is such a goof, but a good voice actor.
May 07, 2007 02:21PM
The bicycle riding safety PSA runs year 'round, claiming eternal summer. Do I live in a parallel universe?
Anonymous User
May 08, 2007 08:24AM
If you end up down town you will be surprised at th amount of bike messengers we have all year round.
May 09, 2007 10:04PM
PSA's I always play on my show every week:

Bunnies Extra Fuzzy or the original

PETA William Shatner

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
August 05, 2007 05:49AM
The slightly whining tolerance PSA is presumably necessary to counteract the evil spells which the racist caller and others cast into the night ether.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 05:52AM by SpudBoy.
May 28, 2008 07:01PM
Junk mail. Is that the circle jerks? well, it's an 80's punk west coast band. I like that one. Gotta think of something to bitch and complain about, then write a song about it.
June 01, 2008 11:49PM
Yup, that is the Circle Jerks. I used the Thieving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra by Rossini) from A Clockwork Orange soundtrack for a Workplace Violence PSA.

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
June 03, 2008 01:55PM
aw officer it's only stems and seeds that don't count
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012