Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what do you listen to at work?

Posted by shakesomeaction 
what do you listen to at work?
November 22, 2006 01:53PM
i am partial to some etta james in the early morning,
shark pants or jon spencer in the afternoon
and the bloody hollies near quitting time (when i start getting "tired of this shit" haha)
Re: what do you listen to at work?
November 24, 2006 06:51AM
kids...

screaming....

all day.

every day.
November 27, 2006 10:56AM
haha...sounds like when i worked at sears portrait studio.
December 02, 2006 09:34AM
Motorhead, thank god for mp3 players
December 03, 2006 09:46PM
whatever satelite radio is playing. otherwise whatever i have on my phone in the mp3 section.

---------------------------------

carnage asada [U GNARLIN?]
thursday night 11p-1a

you will miss me when im gone. you will miss my hateful song.
December 05, 2006 05:42AM
i am too oldschool for mp3s or satellite radio...haha
i didn't get a cd player till 2002.
serious.
and i also had a pager until 2003.
actually...i guess that would probably make me simply behind the times rather than proudly oldschool.

i can't believe i just admitted i (ever) had a pager.
December 05, 2006 06:15AM
I think we all had pagers at one time or another

I used to wear Hammer pants in middle school, see? That's much worse than admitting you had a pager smiling smiley
December 06, 2006 05:35AM
erin and i used to try and dance like MC Hammer at weddings. that's even a little worse than your pants!
December 06, 2006 05:25PM
shakesomeaction Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> erin and i used to try and dance like MC Hammer at
> weddings. that's even a little worse than your
> pants!

That is pretty bad. If I ever hear a Justin Timberlake song while in my friend's store,I jump up on the chairs and dance and slap my ass while telling people that "I'm bringing sexy back"
Anonymous User
December 18, 2006 02:19PM
I never had a pager, did have hammer pants in chile late 80's but they werent called hammer pants...I forget what they were called anyways...at work I listen to the homeless pissing on the walls, pooping in a fountain...missing children having sex in the dumpsters with the people who have "found" them for reward money,all in unisen with a semi muted x mas theme music.
January 09, 2007 09:08AM
Whenever I travel with my students, they prefer to listen to 107.9....

I did get them to listen to Jomo's show once...He gave a "big up" to one of my students. The kid was thrilled to hear his name on the radio.

jc
January 17, 2007 12:14AM
sirius shuffle can suck it for the most part. the few channels ive found on sirius (thanks to DISH network offering me a limited amount of sirius as part of my programming package) i enjoy and listen to.

and the WCSB signal vaguely reaches macedonia (where i work) so i cant listen in that way. so i pretty much rely on my phone and bringing in cds.

---------------------------------

carnage asada [U GNARLIN?]
thursday night 11p-1a

you will miss me when im gone. you will miss my hateful song.
January 17, 2007 12:03PM
you know, recently i tried every single mainstream station in the area (having already tried streaming college radio stations) and the only one my computer will allow me to listen to is 102.1

bah
January 17, 2007 01:05PM
oh yeah, mainstream stations are always bad news.
April 29, 2007 02:40AM
I get stuck listening to "Just a Gigolo" about 8 times a day (Louis Prima, not even DLR!!) and the like. Dumbass corporate idea of soundtracking the day.
April 30, 2007 11:42AM
I work in a college library so I get to listen to ambient room noise and the occasional student cell phone going off (in which I promptly tell them to turn off).

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2007 11:42AM by thelivingpeterjennings.
May 25, 2007 07:57AM
The creepy creature I work for presently will only play classical and New Age orchestral music. I got him to try listening to WCSB the other day during the afternoon metal show -- and would you believe this lameoid-creepchur had never heard heavy metal before?!

When I worked for the Davis Bakery, the management would blare WDOK over the loud speakers. Somebody -- bless them -- had instilled a boombox so we could listen to other music OVER that 102.1 crap. And get this -- although most of my coworkers were black, they LOVED listening to Keith Newman's garage-surf shows! Talk about breaking through stereotypical assumptions!

But that's what college radio is all about, anyway!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2007 08:13AM by baronightwolf.
July 19, 2007 08:45AM
They pump in generic instrumental music into our store but have it so low it feels as if it is just a figment of my imagination. So mostly I hear faint chords of music and complaining customers and goof ball coworkers.

To never have suffer would be to never have been blessed.

Visit my writing page
www.myspace.com/the_mechanical_jive
Buy shirts and things made by me
July 31, 2007 11:41AM
I bring three CDs every day and interject WRUW's stream when something cool's on. CSB won't stream at work. If it did I would never shut it off. As it is I get a lot of comments about my taste in "weird" music.
August 08, 2007 11:59AM
I usually listen to wevl fm90 here in memphis and slip in some 'csb too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012