Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dead Moon Broke Up! NOOOO!!!!

Posted by shakesomeaction 
Dead Moon Broke Up! NOOOO!!!!
December 13, 2006 11:54AM
i am probably the last to know as usual...

i can't believe it.

this is a dark day for all of mankind.
Re: Dead Moon Broke Up! NOOOO!!!!
December 14, 2006 05:36AM
apparently i'm the only one who cares.

either that or the article i read was a lie.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2006 02:14PM
they either had to break up or die
December 19, 2006 11:56AM
wow why am i not surprised that you are the only one to reply to this thread. heh.
Anonymous User
December 19, 2006 07:56PM
it's the only way to talk to you online
December 26, 2006 07:34PM
I was talking to my friend about this the other day, what a fucking drag!
December 28, 2006 05:13AM
thank you, chad. thank you. FINALLY someone else cares. This board sucks.
Anonymous User
December 28, 2006 09:02AM
nice...I guesse I don't count.
January 02, 2007 05:29AM
i meant someone else besides you, bonehead!
haha
i don't think i've ever called anyone bonehead.
Anonymous User
January 02, 2007 09:44PM
Well you shouldn’t! Especially not me, being that in my younger more naive days I use to belong to a S.H.A.R.P. chapter. A “bonehead” is a tern used to describe a Neo-Nazi Skinhead not a benevolent “Skinhead” which originated in the working class of Jamaica, most popularly known as a Rude-Boy. The shaven head was a symbol of the working class because only the wealthy and the elite could afford hair cuts and Jerry Curls. The model of the “Skinhead” movement was later adopted in 60's by Great Britain, where it fractioned into different political groups and fashion including the Mods. The rise of Boneheads in Britain was a white youth reaction to the influx of Indians, East Indians, and other individuals racially different from the majority of the Commonwealth. The reasoning behind it was the belief that the immigration influx was a threat to the working class economic well being. This Racist model was later Adopted by countries such as the US and Germany. It was during the Hardcore movement of the 80's where the US adopted the “benevolent” strand of the skinhead model. This model was first adopted in the US by cities such as Boston and Washington DC both cities who had a larger Irish immigrant population. It was bands like Minor Threat that added the Straight Edge variety.
The American Version of the benevolent Skinhead was later “pussyfied” by the introduction of the New Wave movement along with the third wave of Ska music (which ironically, Ska Music had it’s roots in Jamaica and also was adopted in England) and the nostalgia of Mod Fashion which included the Vespa scooter.

SO DON’T CALL ME A BONEHEAD!
January 03, 2007 03:25PM
Who you calling a furball, Furball!
January 20, 2007 11:18AM
This is too bad. I haven't heard Dead Moon, but Fred Cole's 60s band, the Lollipop Shoppe, was one of the best of the era, and deserved to be much more successful than it was. (Thanks to the Nuggets box set and Krauty McKraut for turning me on to their music.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"This is No Money Mark. Why are you listening to WCSB Cleveland?"
January 24, 2007 05:46AM
agreed...then again i've only had the privilege of hearing one song. i'd like to find more someday.
January 25, 2007 08:55AM
I think we have some Fred Cole solo albums at the station. No, I'm thinking of Fred Lane. He wrote a song about French Toast. Damn, I need to shake this fever.

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
January 25, 2007 03:56PM
If y'all dig the badass Fred Cole, then check out his band Zipper from 1975. It's real raw, raunchy cock rawk ("Ballbustin' Woman" is one of the song titles) sung in Cole's trademark over the top falsetto. It's the most obnoxious and satisfying of the pre-Dead Moon groups.
Anonymous User
January 25, 2007 06:37PM
why is it that even when you type I can hear you in my head as if you were doing your show krauty?
August 08, 2007 12:00PM
i saw that band a coupla times in concert and just did not like them at all.
August 10, 2007 10:28AM
i can't imagine that!
November 02, 2007 12:57PM
now if Dead Meadow would just break up...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012