Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

remember perry's rockpile?

Posted by shakesomeaction 
remember perry's rockpile?
August 22, 2006 05:54PM
i just thought of it today. how i was always too scared to ask perry to open the cases with the cassettes in them because i was embarrassed that i didn't have a cd player. plus, you know, it was perry.
anyone know what ever happened to him?
last time he was spotted by someone i know was at an ice cream stand.
Re: remember perry's rockpile?
August 22, 2006 10:25PM
yeah. i also remember that in order to prevent theft he had a sign posted saying, "You are being watched on surveillance camera". i remember all the TRUE high school punks shopped there and all the poseurs went to hot topic. i guess some of the meaner punks would start rumors saying they saw so-and-so purchasing an Operation Ivy t-shirt at Hot Topic (went it was actually purchased at Perry's...how cruel). Those desperate to fit in would claim to steal nofx t-shirts from Perry's, though they'd still be ridiculed for their rancid & offspring tees from junior high.
August 23, 2006 07:32AM
I don't remember Perry's but I do remeber Asbestos Rockpyle. Great punk band. We've got them on 7" and cassette.

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
August 26, 2006 12:01PM
Yeah, I bought a few records at Perry's Rockpile. I wish it was still around. Four used LPs I remember seeing there and wish I'd gotten:

BLOND: Blond. Self-titled 1969/70 album by former members of Swedish pop band The Tages. On Fontana.

NEW COLONY SIX: Attacking a Straw Man. 1969 release by Chicago garage punk-turned-pop band. On Mercury.

PROCTOR & BERGMAN: What This Country Needs. A live "solo" comedy album by two Firesign Theater members. On Columbia.

REFUGEE: Refugee. European prog trio teaming ex-Nice guys Lee Jackson and Brian Davison with future Yes-man Patrick Moraz. On Charisma.

I also miss Quonset Hut and Disc Connection. Does anyone know where you can find Record Collector magazine in Cleveland these days?

"This is No Money Mark. Why are you listening to WCSB Cleveland?"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2006 12:02PM by nomoneymark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012