Top 4 Favorite Moments of Last Night's General Staff Meeting
April 11, 2007 09:36AM
1. Keith Miller's suggestion that djs must be required to give on air set lists after every 3 songs.

2. When Ryan Keuhn was asked, yet again (was it by the same guy?!), if he'd maintain his wryly tone as General Manager.

3. At one point, some people were arguing in the hallway and I think Mike Hughes told them to be quiet.

4. Lasagna instead of Pizza! I'm digging this Italian food theme. I hope someone will bring garlic bread and salad for next time....

WCSB: When you're here, you're family.
Re: Top 4 Favorite Moments of Last Night's General Staff Meeting
April 11, 2007 09:47AM
i'm a really big fan of j.guy's deadpan humor during his part of the meeting. has he always been that way and i never noticed it until i sat further up front, or is this a new development? i wonder.

either way, felipe and i laughed about it all night.

p.s. the kid who asked ryan that question for the 2nd time was actually an apprentice. a very outspoken and critical apprentice. he was intense.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 11, 2007 12:48PM
Being an apprentice myself, I don't feel like I have been around long enough to really comment on much HOWEVER I would like to say that the vegetable lasagna was really really good, and it was awesome to put faces with names/shows. Informative meeting, learned things I didn't realize about behind-the-scenes affairs. Diverse group. All Hail WCSB.
April 11, 2007 02:30PM
you better believe mike hughes yelled at those kids playing soccer in the hallway. TWICE.

the second time it was because he claimed the kid he already yelled at once looked in the window and "LOOKED AT ME!"
April 11, 2007 07:44PM
1. Keith Miller reading his carefully worded comments from notes scribbled on his hand

2. Keith Miller reading his carefully worded comments from notes scribbled on his hand

3. Keith Miller reading his carefully worded comments from notes scribbled on his hand

4.Keith Miller reading his carefully worded comments from notes scribbled on his hand
April 12, 2007 07:27AM
Keith actually scribbled his notes on his hand? My bewilderment stems from that, after years, He still does not understand what calls to action are but he can dictate programming. The Nazi-apprentice guy 1) needs to actually get to know how much and what Ryan does and who he is (but congrats to Felipe!), 2) get a clue, 3)keep interested, but LEARN what he's doing first before asking inane questions about an organization where he doesn't even know how it is run yet. BTW, J. Guy has a really awesome sense of humor, if you haven't chatted with him before.
April 13, 2007 01:39PM
Sounds like I missed a good meeting.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
April 14, 2007 11:34PM
It had it's moments. Rudie and I really liked/loathed the "Miller Moments". They're better than "Deep Thoughts".
April 16, 2007 05:44AM
still, my favorite meeting moment ever was when that man from the hungarian(?) program totally bum-rushed the podium in order to let us all know how pissed off he was that some of his donors didn't get their premiums.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 16, 2007 07:11AM
I remember that. Didn't he die a month ago?

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
April 16, 2007 12:52PM
yes and then i felt bad for laughing at him so much.
April 16, 2007 10:43PM
a bad version of springer's final thoughts and veggie lasagna? looks like im making sure i no call/no show work for the next meeting.

---------------------------------

carnage asada [U GNARLIN?]
thursday night 11p-1a

you will miss me when im gone. you will miss my hateful song.
April 19, 2007 05:34AM
Someone noted once that the ethnic shows bring in a disproportionately large amount of the money during the radiothon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012