Tales of THE APPRENTICE
May 16, 2007 10:45AM
Are there any Apprentice Nightmare Stories anyone would care to share?

Either your own tale of apprentice adventure or perhaps someone you were training or even something you heard about through the grapevine... ?

All I've got so far is a pretty dull account of 20 seconds of dead air, a matter of multitasking gone bad - not very interesting.

One thing I have discovered is that there can be a lot more going on behind the scenes in the studio than what the listening audience is aware of!
Re: Tales of THE APPRENTICE
May 16, 2007 12:41PM
I was attacked by a bear one time when I apprenticed on Hot Trash when I practiced an EAS test. Luckily, I was able to defeat the bear and continued learning how to be a WCSB d.j. So all you new apprentices, but careful when you practice doing the EAS test, you too can become a victim of a bear attack.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
May 17, 2007 06:53AM
hmm...well there was the fact that my original "Instructor" for classes was a total misogynist jerk and so i quit going. the two guys in my group already knew some stuff about the equipment and so when he would ask me or erin a question and we didn't know the answer he'd always give us attitude and tell us to stop making THEM do all the work. He also spent almost an entire class period talking about the reel-to-reel machine, which hardly anyone uses. We stopped going and for weeks afterward he would leave us nasty voicemails saying that we had to have all these wavecarts and demos finished "or else".

Luckily we knew someone else who agreed to set up a makeshift class for just the 2 of us.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
May 17, 2007 06:56AM
by the way pete, i'm sorry about the bear. erin b got through her apprenticeship unscathed, but that is because she wore protective clothing and didn't rub raw meat all over her body before she arrived.
May 17, 2007 11:51AM
No problem, other than the bear and the Sweet N' Sassy potato chips my apprenticeship was pretty fun.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
May 19, 2007 12:53PM
Bear attack, eh?

and you survived, I see.

Hmm.

Well

That would explain why the coat rack is so industrial-strengthed. It's true purpose is that of a EAS Bear Slayer. Ha! Nothing is what it seems around here...

Appreciate the heads-up.
July 15, 2007 04:46AM
Although as a full member, I once had to run to take a dump. I actually locked myself out of the station and had to wait for the police. Oh, and I passed out once when the coffee machine was busted. Buddha walked in and I woke up. It had been at least 30 minutes. BTW--Don't do 5 hour late night shows.

Rockstar Mode
Late Sat./ early Sun.
2-7 am EDT
Anonymous User
July 15, 2007 09:29AM
SHHHH...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012