Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ready to Kick some balls?!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Ready to Kick some balls?!
June 06, 2007 08:50AM
Maybe someone should let WRUW know that the WCSB Slug will make an appearance in case WRUW would like to bring their Beagle.
June 06, 2007 11:44AM
I will supply the official playground weight kickballs...

JC
June 06, 2007 01:17PM
next time can we play foursquare instead?
Anonymous User
June 06, 2007 01:49PM
We should have a radio station grade school games Olympics...which would include Kick Ball, 4 square, Double dutch, Duck duck goose, Shame (the clapping gam...you know...I don't want to go to mexico no mo mo mo...) aaaaaand dodge ball. I would also suggest that we have a woorly ball tournament. For those who do not know what that is...it is 1/3 hi life/ 1/3 basquetball and 1/3 bumper car....word!
June 06, 2007 07:24PM
boogiepop- if you really want to play sunday, i will give up my spot on the team so you can play.

---------------------------------

carnage asada [U GNARLIN?]
thursday night 11p-1a

you will miss me when im gone. you will miss my hateful song.
June 06, 2007 09:36PM
I don't really want to play. I was just going to do merch. But all the spots under merch were taken, too.

Anyway, I can't play because I won't have a regulation uniform.

And I kind of want to wear a slug costume. But then again, I'm not sure if I really want to.
June 07, 2007 05:31AM
you can sell merch in MY place, and then i can just go find a tree somewhere and sit in the shade so i don't get crispy!

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
June 07, 2007 06:47AM
IS this thing actually going to go down? and where and what time?
June 07, 2007 09:07AM
it had BETTER go down, because our kitchen is an absolute wreck with all the screenprinting equipment for the team shirts! Martha Stewart would roll over in her grave! (if she were dead)

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
Anonymous User
June 07, 2007 10:14AM
feima
If I am in the slug suit... I am prone to be quite whimsical whilst suited. I am also very prone to humping things.

at least the hump wont be dry
June 07, 2007 10:25AM
Give Feima the slug suit. I'm feeling to lethargic and apathetic about my college radio career to be whimsical whilst suited. (Long story.)
June 07, 2007 01:48PM
I just received an email from someone over at WRUW saying that they are thinking of pushing this back until July 1st to have more time to promote it.

I guess they didn't make a PSA already and post this to at least three local message boards and plan a whole show intro around the event and stuff like that.

I think they must need the time to bulk up and get in shape or somethin. They must have seen the odds at all the local bookie clubs and realized that

THIS THING IS FOR REAL!!!

Perhaps they are waiting for basketball season to come to an end so they can recruit some of those huge B-Ball dudes as apprentices who can then kick for them. Don't they know? WE'VE ALREADY GOT LEBRON! He started training this week. ahahahaha. not really.

Maybe we could recruit Glenn Schwartz. He'd be intimidating.

It would be neato to have a battery-solar-powered noise band for the half-time show.
June 08, 2007 05:25AM
I drove past the baseball diamond on Mayfield in Little Italy this morning.
If that is where we were going to play I don't think we can. It's gone!

The backstop and fencing around it are all pulled out. Man, WRUW is going to extremes to avoid this game. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 08, 2007 09:49AM
This is my suggestion:

Because those wussies want to push the game back, and because we've put so much effort into this already, and because WCSB is THE best radio station EVER, we just play on Sunday without them. In that case, we're the team that's buffing up (did I just say that?!), and we'll have a good time. Then afterward we go drink beer.

The Mastick picnic area of the Metroparks has plenty of wide-open space where we can set up bases and have at it. I say we go there, and if anyone from WRUW shows up, so be it. If not, we have a good time anyway.
June 08, 2007 01:30PM
Since WRUW has forfeited, or actually asked for a postponement, we have decided to hold a WCSB day out/kickball game, to be followed by a beverage event to be determined by the participants. (WRUW DJs who are NOT wussies are certainly welcome to attend as well, even if the powers that be have wussed out.)

Sunday, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!
June 10th, at 1pm
Meet your fellow WCSB personalities at South Mastick picnic area in the Metroparks. You can get a map by following this link:
[www.clemetparks.com]

There's a ballfield, and if it's in use, we can just use an open area, as there's plenty of space. You'll also see a playground and wading pool; restrooms are available. John Callahan has generously provided two standard-issue kickballs.

See you there.
Anonymous User
June 08, 2007 10:21PM
I am really sorry guys for them pulling out...I guess WRUW's actual slogan should be

"40 years not 40 hits and it shows!" (sorry for any 40 year olds that got offended)
June 09, 2007 09:09AM
A WCSB-WRUW bowling tournament might be low-effort investment substitute.
June 10, 2007 02:14AM
When the REAL game is rescheduled....Feima can hump me while I do my home run trot naked. Maybe I'll tie a kite to my scrotum ring, just to further embarrass them even more. Where did you find the rules? Obscure Sports Quarterly? We should all know them by now, even those who smoke a lot of pot.
June 10, 2007 08:42AM
Wellll?????? Should I just study math all day or what? Mastick? What is the location exactly? I think it's right by my house.
June 10, 2007 02:03PM
VICTORY!

Dred Clater just announced this latest addition to the glorious scrap book of WCSB achievements. He highlighted the herculean performance of Eric/Boogiepop, who evidently implemented a pre-game tactic of disinformation, claiming that he was "unathletic" and would not play.
June 10, 2007 08:03PM
I'd say who had the really, really herculean performance, but I don't want to give WRUW a free scouting report. ^_^
Anonymous User
June 13, 2007 07:51AM
Kick Ball July 1st 1pm at Clark field in Treemont ... hope they show up this time!
June 14, 2007 06:41AM
It sounds like a rumble!
June 14, 2007 06:54AM
Here it is, folks. Video of the great kickball game of '07:

[www.youtube.com]
June 14, 2007 09:49AM
damn corporate computer! won't let me have ANY fun!

is there any footage (pardon the pun) of ryan flinging his shoes off? i wouldn't mind seeing that again. haha
June 14, 2007 12:23PM
Um... I'm not sure if we should have that video up. It's like we're just handing WRUW some free game film to watch.
June 15, 2007 10:38AM
yeah. spies. perhaps a "members only" thread should be started in addition to the public thread. heh heh heh

that was fun on a beautiful day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2007 10:39AM by CultJam.
June 17, 2007 12:13PM
that was a lot of FUN!!!!! good exercise too! man biking up that hill was a CHORE. sore legs for days!!! gettin in shape for the "REAL DEAL".... open up a can of woop butt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012