THE EUCLID CORRIDOR MUST BE DESTROYED!
July 08, 2007 06:33AM
THIS HIGHWAY TO DOOM..THIS CONDUIT TO A BLACK HOLE...THIS LANDSLED TO HELL MUST BE DESTROYED AT ALL COSTS.
Anonymous User
Re: THE EUCLID CORRIDOR MUST BE DESTROYED!
July 10, 2007 06:09AM
I HAVE TO AGREE.
July 10, 2007 06:34AM
i don't know what the euclid corridor is. but i don't like the word corridor so it's sounds pretty evil to me also.
July 15, 2007 05:03AM
I have done research on the Euclid Corridor project (twice) for History 317 w/ Dr. Souther. Too bad Euclid Ave. is a fucking shithole, with or without construction.

Rockstar Mode
Late Sat./ early Sun.
2-7 am EDT
Anonymous User
July 15, 2007 08:28AM
I liked Euclid ave back in the late 80's early 90's before all the shit migrated to Madison ave. in lakewood. I especially miss that big Spiderman mural that Atomic Eye had on the side of their building.
July 15, 2007 11:57AM
YEAH THAT WAS COOL...I STILL LOOK FOR THAT MURAL WHEN I COME DOWN EUCLID..THE STORE ITSELF WAS PRETTY COOL AS WELL.
July 16, 2007 08:05AM
i don't think i was ever downtown until i started college.
July 18, 2007 06:34AM
Head into the CSU Library Special Collections (3rd floor). When the Cleveland Press closed up in "82, they donated ALL of their photographs. Amazing shit. There are at least 8 SUbways downtown, most on Euclid, w/ the remainder right off. ARRRGGGHHH!!

Rockstar Mode
Late Sat./ early Sun.
2-7 am EDT
December 13, 2007 02:06PM
1. Does anyone other than the execs at RTA think the Euclid Corridor is going to do anything other than cause traffic accidents and more economic blight for Downtown Cleveland? I mean, honestly, HOW is RTA not bankrupt because of this yet? And who the hell voted RTA "Best public transportation in the country"? Was it RTA themselves?

2. You used to be able to access the subway tunnels under the Veteran's Memorial Bridge (aka Detroit- Superior) before they repaired it like 10-15 years ago. It was pretty easy to just walk under there and smoke... cigarettes. Apparently there's abandoned subway tunnels in Cinci as well.

3. In the late 80s/early 90s there was a lot of happenin' stuff downtown... Mark's CDs in the Arcade, there was also a comic shop in the Arcade... The rummage/ junk store in the colonial arcade...

4. Atomic Eye is at least the 2nd comic shop I can think of that moved to Lakewood after years at a former address and then went under almost immediately upon coming to tha Wesside... The other being Collector's Warehouse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2007 02:08PM by stephedk.
December 13, 2007 07:59PM
Yeah, I had to do a double take when I saw the "Best public transportation in the country" sign on a bus. If RTA is considering Cleveland to be a sovereign entity I guess they'd be right.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
Anonymous User
December 13, 2007 08:36PM
You can always try to make Cleveland pretty but it always ends up pretty ugly.

People need to stop creating these new Euclid hallways and medical bodegas along with all these new apartments/condos that no one who lives in the city can actually afford.

We got so much great shit in this city that got left to rot for whatever reason and now it is just collecting dust. There are at least 4 buildings that CSU owns that are historical and empty. They could be made into habitable, affordable apartments or offices with have the cost of making a new condo. For a university who wants to create a traditional 4 year college they are doing nothing in regards to getting rid of stupid laws like the "no more than 3 Women with 3 different last names can live in the same apartment or house" law. This prevents sorority housing getting built. Sometimes I just think they are being dumb on purpose.
December 14, 2007 01:55AM
We'd all be just as unhappy if the neighborhood was all the sudden active, because unless it was you and your friends responsible you'd be like "man, I remember when it was REAL" blah blah. I mean c'mon, Cleveland's great, partly for the fact that you're the only person that really knows that - our town is collecting dust like a wise old man does.

I moved to the west side for the first time recently, and boy does it suck. I've apparently moved to an "up and coming" neighborhood, at least that's what the condo salespeople say. I'll take my St. Clair/E. 55th or my Broadway/E. 55th and call it a day. Just leave me be for chrissakes. Why do people I know like art galleries and hate the r'n'r hall of fame? It's all stupid to me.

Also, it rules that Felipe is so concerned about sorority housing.

Collecting dust and cat hair,

John
December 16, 2007 01:41AM
Felipe's point about sororities meant allowing multiple women to live together--mostly as a group of potential residents. He referred to an archaic law still on the books.

When this shit's done, they'll charge more $ for storefront rent, though Euclid Ave. is more than half vacant already. Fuck remaking one street. Remake a neighborhood. Go to real cities like DC or Chicago. They are constantly regentrifying neighborhoods; never just one main road and then "poof", ghetto the second you turn corner.

Rockstar Mode
Late Sat./ early Sun.
2-7 am EDT
December 16, 2007 06:05AM
NO MAN - FELIPE IS A SEXIST PIG.

Really, I was just making a funny.

They've been in pursuit of federal funding for the Euclid Corridor project for twenty years. They finally got it. Obviously it's not relevant anymore (and doubtfully ever was), but they've got to "use it or lose it", and that's the only thing they're allowed to spend it on. It least that was my understanding.

This city's got to stop begging for attention from the state and federal governments, and start demanding their participation.

The only thing "archaic" in this conversation is the political culture that's responsible for it.

Whoa, that was heavy.

Cleveland's a plum.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2007 01:06AM
Maybe a prune
December 18, 2007 01:05PM
i used to have a purple "cleveland's a plum" shirt! unfortunately i got rid of all my cool old t-shirts sad smiley

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
January 13, 2008 12:53AM
Cleveland WAS a prune. (Good call!) Now it's actually what RESULTS from eating prunes--mass feces.

If RTA is great, then I want to ask them how they can get recognition from being consistently 10-20 minutes late. That gets most of us fired. Apparently, I need to work for RTA (which stands for "Random Time Arrivals".)

Rockstar Mode
Late Sat./ early Sun.
2-7 am EDT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012