Elvira's Movie Macabre back on TV
October 10, 2010 01:43PM
Elvira's Movie Macabre is back on TV. 43.2 THIS TV is airing NEW episodes late, late Saturday nights (Sun 5-7am) and Late Sunday nights (Mon 1-3am). Night of the Living Dead is the movie for the first episode which was actually pretty funny with Elvira's cut-ins. Although my favorite version is still Night of the Living Dead that the CSU Factory Theater put on a few years back. That one starred WCSB's own Punk Ass Katie and was way cool!!!

[elvira.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 01:49PM by sweetasssassafrass.
Re: Elvira's Movie Macabre back on TV
November 26, 2010 10:37AM
Yeesh! Those are those old pre-recorded shows from I.V.E. from back in the 1980s, right?
Forgive my grousing, but you know I've been trying to create my own movie-host show here in Cleve for the past twenty years, so I can't help but find it galling that the local movie-host traditions have become eradicated by nationally-syndicated stuff like this. No offense against Elvira, but it just isn't the same as back in the old days of Big Chuck and the Ghoul, you know? Ah well ...
November 26, 2010 10:43AM
Oh, wait a minute. Did you say they were airing new shows?
New for Cleveland, or do you mean contemporary?
If the latter, I had no ideal Cassandra Peterson was still in the business.
Or it is Ms. Peterson still playing the character or it is now someone else [sacrilege!]?
December 07, 2010 10:39AM
Brand spanking new shows with Cassandra Peterson and she looks pretty hot for however old she has to be by now. (She was dressed as a sexy, goth Sarah Palin last week). The show is actually pretty funny & good with fresh themes. At least there is some horror host somewhere on local TV. I recommend checking it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 10:42AM by sweetasssassafrass.
December 09, 2010 11:48AM
Yeah, I saw part of last week's show. She still looks pretty good, bless her, and she can still do pretty well with the one-liners. But I still much prefer the virtually no-holds-barred zaniness which for so many decades defined Cleveland's local movie-host programmes. Indeed, a large part of Elvira's appeal is that she is so safe. No unlicensed karaoke to copywritten music. No comedy skits showing risky behavior or political incorrectness. You would never expect to see Elvira riding a go-cart and wearing a Nazi helmet, nor would you expect to see her fighting off winter chill by sipping anti-freeze. Big Chuck, the Ghoul, Ghoulardi, and all the rest of them (except possibly Super-Host) all had that "edge" to them -- at least in the earlier decades. That little touch of something that was just a bit questionable yet didn't ruin their overall appeal. Of course, that was before the ruddy global multicorporate entertainment industry got so touchy it had to buy up the copyright for "Happy Birthday To You", for crying out loud. Indeed, the last time I tried to sell my own show, I said I'd be willing to pay for any musical royalties incurred out of my own pocket. But of course, all too often it's not about paying royalties on the music, but rather the music itself. Heaven forbid that the free-television-watching public gets to hear of music by artists like Sad Lovers And Giants or Pink Slip Daddy or The Tragically Hip, eh? Unless it's allowed on DisneyKids, it should never be given any public domain listening, eh? And unfortunately, the same thing goes for humor all too often, too.
February 06, 2011 03:26AM
Watching Elvira's Movie Macabre @ 6:30 am on a Sunday morning is a religious experience.
Elvira's Local Listings

June 16, 2011 11:57PM
wow,good,i can't wait to watch it right now!

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012