Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

leave your laptop at home

Posted by psychicshopper 
leave your laptop at home
July 15, 2011 10:39PM
Recently I've noticed a growing number of WCSB programmers who bring their laptops and just play mp3s as their set set list. They play a lot of fine old stuff but they never play new releases. I have a lot of the mp3's you are playing,so play something new. Quit playing your parents music, and learn how to use a CD player. You may discover something good.
Re: leave your laptop at home
July 21, 2011 01:45PM
last time I checked, we were allowed to play whatever we want to...if you don't like it, no one is making you listen.

just my opinion.
July 21, 2011 02:26PM
i get your drift, but rest assured, most of the djs at wcsb still play vinyl and cds. cassettes even get their share of airplay. we still love analogue as well as digital.

hot smiley
July 29, 2011 11:28PM
Laptops and MP3 players are a tool that can make or hinder one's show. I use a laptop on a regular basis for my show but don't play exclusively from it. Itunes is a great program that can get me instant access to thousands of songs. It can provide instant request fulfillment and it is also searchable. A couple weeks ago on my show, I had reason to do a bunch of songs about China. I searched for it in Itunes along with a few other china-related terms and I had an instant playlist of related materials that I never would have thought of pulling from our library. Like I said it can be a great tool. It should however not become a crutch. WCSB's library is not just phenomenal but a precious treasure... my precious......

Anyhow, the privilege of being able to delve into it and to expose our listeners to it is great. As far as new music is concerned. I frequently fail to get through the push box these days. Last week, I did and I was really impressed with some of the things I found. Hell, I even played a few. Of course it is all escaping my memory right now but I did play some new stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012