Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone remember Rachael Sweet?

Posted by Bob Cryptonight 
Anyone remember Rachael Sweet?
October 22, 2006 08:34AM
Kid singer from the early 80s...great voice...made some cool albums. I think she was from Akron?
Re: Anyone remember Rachael Sweet?
October 22, 2006 05:33PM
Wikipedia does:

Rachel Sweet (born July 28, 1962 in Akron, Ohio) is an American singer and actress.

She began recording country music in 1976, but with little success. Switching to rock and roll, she signed to the British Stiff Records label and released her first album, Fool Around, in 1978. Rachel was backed by The Records on the Stiff Records tour in 1978. The album was a critical success, but sales were poor, although she did have some success with the single "B-A-B-Y". She also generated some controversy for her Lolita-like image (predating similar controversies surrounding Britney Spears and others by many years). Her follow-up album, Protect the Innocent, was largely ignored by the public and the music media. She then signed to Columbia Records in 1981, releasing And Then He Kissed Her, which launched the hit "Everlasting Love", a duet with Rex Smith.

Sweet only released one more album, 1982's Blame it on Love before retiring. She returned to music sporadically as she focused on her education, recording the title track to John Waters' film Hairspray and many of the songs for his musical Cry Baby. She also recorded the theme song to the Nickelodeon series Clarissa Explains It All. In 1989 and 1990, she hosted a show on The Comedy Channel (forerunner of Comedy Central) called The Sweet Life. She has since focused on establishing an acting, writing, and producing career.

In 1992 Rhino Records released Fool Around: The Best of Rachel Sweet. The CD compilation includes tracks from all the previous
November 20, 2006 08:11AM
I once saw MATTHEW Sweet in concert (big mistake!). Is he related?
November 21, 2006 08:53AM
There's ALWAYS a relation, viz.:
Rachel Sweet is from Akron
Robert Quine was from Akron
Robert Quine played guitar for Matthew Sweet.

OR:
Rachel Sweet recorded for Stiff Records.
Robert Quine, as part of the Voidoids, had a single out on Stiff.
Quine played guitar for Matthew Sweet.
August 08, 2007 10:03AM
She was pretty hawt

www.myspace.com/worldwidewreckedem
www.WRECKED-EM.com
she was a slut.i banged her.
August 10, 2007 09:32PM
and if i banged her,she had to be a slut.
December 04, 2007 02:10PM
ahh,
it pains me to admit this, as it forces me to remember a band and form of music and time period I'd prefer remained forgotten, but "The Mr. T Experience" covered "What's in the Coo-Coo Clock" on one of their 400,000 albums...

also (I swear I'm not making this up), but
Robert Quine was the cousin of the wife of Dan ("The Black Keys") Auerbach's father. I don't know if the wife is his mom or not. That's why I had to be all confusilatin' with my geneologicals.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012