Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sunday 12/2/07 4-5 PM

Posted by stephedk 
Sunday 12/2/07 4-5 PM
December 04, 2007 02:01PM
uh, yeah.
I guess this is my new time slot.
all new sunday afternoon burnout jammmz!

callin' it: "No More Nothing"

1. excerpt from Steve Lacy "Forest & the Zoo" LP (ESP-Disc')
2. 3 different Music Box (the knick knack, not like a band or anything) records at once
3. Shirley Collins & Davy Graham "Reynardine"
4. Clan of the Cave Bear LP side 2 song 1
5. Bad Influence "Dark Night" (white label 12")
6. 100th Monkey "Nobody Rules" (from vintage Toxic Shock "Barricaded Suspects" comp. LP!)
7. Ramleh "Blind Alley Return Trip" from "Homeless" LP
8. Mahalia Jackson "I'm Going to Live the Life I sing about in my Song"
9. - 11. let's see... a Best of Martin Denny LP was playing this entire time. We started with the song "Moonlight and Shadows". Then, a Psychic TV 7" on Sordide Sentimental was throw in there... It's a voice lecturing on the somnabulistic nature of modern society, religion, control methods. etc. Then a portion of side one of the Nurse with Wound "Homotopy for Marie" was mixed in there while another portion of the Psychic TV 7" made a return, this time with Charlie Manson in one channel and Jim Jones in the other...
12. Kode 9 & Spaceape "Victims" (how did I randomly pick this song two shows in a row??? Tell me, Daniel Pinchbeck!!)
13. Bert Jansch "Nobody's Bar" (chosen because it includes the line "I lost my mind drinking")
14. Sic Alps- a song off side two of their excellent "Description of the Harbor" LP
15. Ali Farka Toure "Hani"
16. Voight & Voight "Gong Audio" (Kompact 12")
17. Richard Thompson "Down Where the Drunkards Roll" (from "Small Town Romance" LP)
18. Wooden Shjips "Dance, California" (Edit)
19. music box LP slight return

OK, I know it was important for you to know that...
Re: Sunday 12/2/07 4-5 PM
December 05, 2007 04:13AM
Sorry I missed this---it looks like it was a good show. I went to Circlefest, but there were no modern Finnish psychedelic bands...wtf? Always good to check out some Steve Lacy...the station might have his album with Brion Gysin on vinyl. Also, there's a nice book of interviews with Lacy covering his entire career that the downtown library has. Lacy mentions in two different interviews his experience entering the "world" of a minor second...
December 05, 2007 10:57AM
Welcome back!
December 05, 2007 03:28PM
If I ever get the like you know, $3.99 or so, I am totally going to re-buy the Steve Lacy album "anthem". I had it years ago and sold it; I think it was actually the 1st thing I heard by him. Wow. Despite it having been recorded in the late 80s or early 90s, it was completely mind blowing in a post-Mingus kind of way...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012