Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sunday 12-9-07 4-5 PM

Posted by stephedk 
Sunday 12-9-07 4-5 PM
December 10, 2007 01:38PM
"No More Nothing" 4-5 PM

1. John Coltrane "Africa" excerpt
2. excerpt from "Cycles Galore" (a record of motorcycle sounds)
3. "Off-Key Piano" from the epic 1955 (?) LP "razz-ma-tazz in hi-fi", an album of player pianos and nickelodeons
4.Shirley Collins & Davy Graham "Jane, Jane"
5. Woody Allen telling a pretty bad joke about dogs
6. Masonna "Astro Magic" from '97 or '98 (8" record!)
7. Mundo "Still Stand Rasta" on the Dub Assembly label
8. Van Morrison "Ringworm/ France/ Danish" 3 brief tunes from the somewhat legendary contractual obligation recordings ol' VM did for Bang in the late 60s. he sounds pretty drunk...
9. Young-Holt Unlimited "The Devil Made Me Do Dat"/ excerpt from a "Six Million Dollar Man" record
10. Half Japanese "Possum Head"
11. Lee Perry "End of an American Dream" from his new album of the same name. Honestly, this is probably the first thing this guy has recorded in almost 25 years that I've heard that I liked, but wow, this tune is CHILLING. 3-D sound, y'all
12. Phil Ochs "Cops of the World" (point/counterpoint?)
13. Wiley "Stars" off the new album
14. excerpt from Cyrus (Random Trio) "Dirt" (Tectonic) with an excerpt of the Rev. O.W. "Bud" Spriggs telling us what the Bible says about UFOs...
15. Mrs. Norman Vincent Peale "The Gift of Self Respect" excerpt
16. Maja Ratkje/ Lotta Melin "A Perfect Mental Image" from 2006 LP "Illegal Parking"
17. The Fall "Systematic Abuse" ('when I get a potato out, it is the same') from the "Reformation Post TLC" album

then, I filled in for a 1/2 hour of the next show. Started with King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown, played some Abyssinians, Michigan & Smiley, Dillinger, Macka B "Christmas Cancelled", and Gladiators...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012