Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How 'bout Broadway musicals?

Posted by Ben DeDominicis 
How 'bout Broadway musicals?
April 24, 2007 12:46PM
I mightlisten to a 1-2 hr weekly Broadway musical show.

Does WCSB still have a weekly classical music show?
Re: How 'bout Broadway musicals?
April 24, 2007 01:01PM
WRUW has a weekly Broadway musical show. It's been on for at least a decade, I believe. It's on Sundays at noon, and it's called Sunday Matinee.

Click here for the latest archived episode of that show.
April 25, 2007 05:32AM
i have classical theme music for my show. i guess that doesn't really count.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
Anonymous User
April 25, 2007 06:28AM
I think you should do a classical music show...you have that classic demeanor that would go well will Beethoven's 9th.
April 25, 2007 12:43PM
most of the old albums that i collect for the names and/or covers are classical music. i could probably do a decent classical show if i wanted. but it's not all "classical" per se...most of it is like big band music or "honky-tonk" music or something.
and i just bought an old album of square dances, complete with calls. haven't listened to it yet, i'll probably debut it on friday! ha

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 28, 2007 08:51AM
Ilona's Hungarian show has classical music but of course with a Hungarian composer tie-in.
May 23, 2007 09:45AM
Shakesomeaction -- have you ever heard WRUW's "Your Father's Oldsmobile"? It's mostly popular stuff from the 1920s through the 1940s. WRUW recently lost certain of their more long-standing shows, so I don't know if this show is still on the schedule. But if it's gone, maybe you might consider creating a similar programme? From what I understand, the only programme which WCSB currently has which showcases anything like 'Broadway' is of course "The Music Of Science Fiction And Fantasy". Also, WRUW had a programme showcasing movie music -- particularly contemporary shtuff -- about two years ago. I believe it was called "Father Hell's Musical Hour".

As always:

HARK TO THE BRILLIANCE IN THE DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 23, 2007 01:53PM
hmmm...this is something to consider. i'd definitely do an entire episode of 30's-50's classical/swing/honky tonk instrumentals. i don't know if i could commit to doing it every week though! for now they're just blended in with the rest of the mess.

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
May 23, 2007 02:57PM
In the whopping two shows that I've done I've snuck in a couple classical (art music) songs. I plan on slipping more in as I get more cozy. Right now I'm just getting a feel for what I'm doing.

I know the music school faculty would be thrilled if there were an art music (that's their fancy name for it, as classical denotes a specific period in music...yadda yadda) show.

***The Siren
May 23, 2007 10:30PM
that musical show is seriously the hardest show to listen to ON THE RADIO
May 24, 2007 05:32AM
Filly McFillin inserted some psych pseudo-musical type parodies into his show a couple of Sundays ago. Parodies of broadway musicals are excellent, one of the greatest of course being Zappa's _Thingfish_.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012