Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Favorite station ID's and disclaimers

Favorite station ID's and disclaimers
May 09, 2007 10:09PM
I.D.'s...

Gomez - I play this I.D. every week to start my show at 7 a.m. and to end it at 9 a.m. I first heard back in 97 or 98 on Mark Matthew's old show Horsepower and after 9 or 10 years it still makes me laugh. Total classic.

Cookie Monster - I play it at 8 a.m. everyweek. Totally brilliant.

Disclaimers...
I like the pirate radio station one alot from Sealab.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
Re: Favorite station ID's and disclaimers
May 10, 2007 05:19AM
The Cookie Monster ID is brilliant. I also like the Wesley Willis and "Not that record!" IDs.

We need more "celebrity" ID's like the one from the Meat Puppets. I think Holly's Camper Van Beethoven is the last one to be added.

The best ID however has to be Henry's ID. "Radio Station! Radio Station!"

Sweeney and I made a disclaimer with a George Carlin recording. Is it still there? Since I'm not in safe harbor anymore I don't look at those items.
May 10, 2007 06:08AM
Who is the Cookie Monster? I'm guessing Eric/ZOG but perhaps Felipe/Xpat.
May 10, 2007 11:25AM
Ben DeDominicis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is the Cookie Monster? I'm guessing Eric/ZOG
> but perhaps Felipe/Xpat.

I believe it is Felipe. At anyrate its a damn fine Cookie Monster impression.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
May 10, 2007 12:12PM
The "Journey"/vomit sing-a-long disclaimer deserves a nomination for an award.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2007 07:25PM
Cookie monster was done by cookie monster himself as well as the little girl but it was not Ja Rule.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2007 07:27PM
I do love Henry sprout ID..it's my favorite...I love anoying my listeners when I play it 14 times in a row...like clockwork by the eighth time I get get a call complaining about it.
May 11, 2007 05:18AM
I haven't heard the "Xanadu" sing-a-long ID or disclaimer in so long that I cannot recall if it is an ID or disclaimer.
May 11, 2007 07:24AM
"Xanadu" was a breast cancer PSA, actually.

My favorite ID is the "Home of the Slug" ID that I just made. ^_^

My favorite ID that I didn't do myself is probably the "Can you play 'Pepsi' by Suicidal?" ID.

And my favorite disclaimer is the Journey vomit-a-long disclaimer.
May 12, 2007 09:05AM
The future dystopia cyberpunk ID, together with the more recent AC/DC TNT/CSB ID, show the strongest enthusiasm for Ohio's premier Great Lakes port city.
Anonymous User
May 13, 2007 07:07AM
That "cleveland" at the end of TNT /CSB was actualy an editorial accident that ended up working just fine.
May 14, 2007 09:04AM
With its folksy, earnest presentation, the proctology ID seems to fit together with the Western, WCSB steer brand and authentic cowboy music IDs.
May 14, 2007 09:56AM
I really like Ryan's 2001: A Space Odyssey station ID.
I also appreciate the Acid Mothers Temple station ID, made by Dr.Sinister perhaps? I played that the week of their show here, not thinking it was really them, but it WAS really them.
May 15, 2007 06:41AM
i am proud to have been one of the voices behind the TNT/CSB ID.

My favorite disclaimer has got to be ryan's 2001 disclaimer. we need new ones though. variety is the spice of life, after all.

My favorite ID is the "naked" one that starts "i like being naked...i would undress slowly...i would let my pants fall..." (i begin my show with that one every single week)
and then at 10pm i always play the fast times at ridgemont high ID, the best part being the fact that it ends after Mark Ratner says "she will have the knockwurst" which is for some reason one of my favorite lines in that movie. i think it's the delivery.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
May 15, 2007 08:29AM
There used to be this one station-ident with phone-in voices saying things like "I heard there was this 'Doonesbury' animated special." and "Halls of justice -- painted green -- money pumpin'!" That was great.

Lonesome Coowboy Dave's telling Gilda Radner's little girl character the story of "The Shrinking Intellect" is great: "They should leave me be -- but I doubt it." And isn't that 'Bubblegum' playing in the background?

Gilda Radner's Santa-cupcakes ident is always welcome on Christmas.

The "Jane Scott rocks!" ident is great, but I can't hear it because of all the ducks in the building.

Peter Seller's announcement: "I have wonderful news -- there is no New Wave." Remember that one?

And let us not forget those two infamous Heavy Metal idents:

"Ooo, I can feel it -- it burns like Hell! Walls! Walls! Wire! Wire! Walls! Walls!"

"Once again I was alone, truly alone! And in my moment of deepest despair, I learned the word HATE! Yes, HATE! You! The cause of all my grief and loneliness! At last I've found you! And now -- YOU'LL DIE!"
May 17, 2007 08:58AM
You know, WCSB once had a four-CD set of its station-idents available as a Radiothon premium about three years ago. I have a copy. The most recent of idents on it is probably Henry Rollins' "It's OK to be smart.". The aforementioned 'Doonesbury', Peter Sellers, and both the Heavy Metal idents are all, unfortunately, not on this CD-set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2007 09:02AM by baronightwolf.
May 17, 2007 09:52AM
"It's OK to be smart" is actually by Frank Zappa. And no offense, Peter, but Gomez gets played a little too often IMHO. As for my faves, I like the Star Wars ID and the Steve Perry/Jello Biafra disclaimer with the two girls singing hilariously badly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"This is No Money Mark. Why are you listening to WCSB Cleveland?"
May 17, 2007 11:48AM
Gomez is played so often because its a classic.

May 18, 2007 08:48AM
No offense intended, Peter, but I have always found those Longmount Potion Castle skids to be rather annoying, although the abbreviated "Gomez" works well as an ident.

'Journey/vomit' and George Carlin are true classics, but I have two favorite disclaimers presently. The speeded-up voiced Vietnam/Wizard Of Oz 'diss' may be out of date, but it's still hilarous: "Oh no, it's the Wicked Witch of the North -- it's Hanoi Hanna!"

And of course, you know I love that "Here at the FCC"-versus-pirate radio diss -- there's even a wolf-howl at the end! Good one, Eric/Sergio/Boogiepop!

Hey, speaking of older idents not found on that two-CD set I aforementioned is a deliberately disturbing one wherein a news reporter during Vietnam relates his watching a Buddhist monk allow himself to be set on fire: "People say they saw the face of Buddha in the clouds that night." Chilling stuff!

By the by to Bart/"Stand Clear": that George Carlin disclaimer -- or else a remarkably similar one -- is often played on WRUW.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 08:59AM by baronightwolf.
May 18, 2007 11:14AM
baronightwolf wrote:

"No offense intended, Peter, but I have always found those Longmount Potion Castle skids [sic] to be rather annoying..."

Hear, hear! Apologies to Sweetass and their other fans, but I never got into these guys. They're just too mean spirited. I wind up identifying with their victims, which is the last thing a prankster wants.

baronightwolf wrote:

"And of course, you know I love that "Here at the FCC"-versus-pirate radio diss -- there's even a wolf-howl at the end! Good one, Eric/Sergio/Boogiepop!"

Just so you know, E/S/B adapted that ID from the first episode of Sealab 2021.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"This is No Money Mark. Why are you listening to WCSB Cleveland?"
May 18, 2007 01:40PM
I don't think it was the very first episode... but yes, that came from Sealab 2021. I love the disclaimer, but I'm not particularly proud of it.

You see, I don't think of it something that I made, rather that I was only the vessel through which it came into being. I know that at least a couple of other people at WCSB saw the same episode and knew that something awesome could have been done with those soundbites. I was only the first person who actually did something.

By the way, all the sounds on the disclaimer were from the episode (except for my voice, of course). That includes the song that was playing in the background while I was speaking the actual disclaimer part. The song just happened to have a wolf howl at the end, so I didn't actually make a conscious decision to put a wolf howl in there.
May 20, 2007 08:34AM
Who is Poopy Necroponte? (real names not necessary!)
May 23, 2007 10:29PM
when i was in jr hi in the 90s my friend chuck was the first guy i knew to have the internet. he needed a "screen name" i told him to choose "poopyneck"

as far as i knew it was just some random dada name. once i heard this call i went .....wierd....poopy necropante sounds like poopyneck.

maybe he got the name from the ether?????? kinda funny either way
May 28, 2007 04:44PM
shakesomeaction

My favorite disclaimer has got to be ryan's 2001 disclaimer. we need new ones though. variety is the spice of life, after all.

There is a "2001 disclaimer"? I like the 2001 ID. I probably play that the most, but I've never heard the disclaimer... I guess b/c I don't play disclaimers.
May 29, 2007 05:56AM
no it's because i meant to type ID. ha. i haven't had to play a disclaimer in 3 months...duh! (that duh was for me)

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
May 29, 2007 11:39AM
Carlin's 7 Dirty Words Disclaimer was done in the early 90's by the Late great Gary Schwartz. It and a few others got lost when we switched from the Fidelepac discs to the Wavecart system.

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
May 30, 2007 08:54AM
Oh, THAT disclaimer! I haven't heard that one for so long that I'd almost forgotten it. The George Carlin disclaimer used by WRUW actually uses a more recent sketch: "Because of the FCC, I can never be sure about what I'm allowed to say. So now I have my own personal policy -- this is the language you will not be hearing tonight!"
Anonymous User
May 30, 2007 08:13PM
I miss the Steve Martin: "That cat was the best fuck I ever had" disclaimer
May 30, 2007 10:03PM
"what is it, my tits?"

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
May 31, 2007 10:40AM
xpat138
I miss the Steve Martin: "That cat was the best fuck I ever had" disclaimer

I miss that one too, whatever happened to it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012