Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bring Back the JOCK!

Posted by krautymckraut 
Bring Back the JOCK!
December 14, 2006 07:23PM
I was deeply saddened to hear that Julia (host of the amazing Jock Jams program. Tuesdays: 3-5pm) is moving to Florida and will not continue her radio show.

Julia had one of the most unique, spontaneous and liveliest radio shows that I ever had the pleasure of hearing (college or otherwise) and Iím really gonna miss it. Jock Jams was transcendently great, particularly the call-in portion of the show, in which puzzled listeners responded to Julia's inquiries about physical fitness, in-between delicious doses of Les Baxter, Martin Denny, Astrud Gilberto & other such grooviness.

Julia was a dynamic host and she's gonna be a tough act to follow, but I'm willing to accept the challenge. If any fellow station members would be interested in turning Jock Jams into a rotation show (similar to the Jazz Inquisition), please let me know. It might be hard to recapture the magic, but I think we 'CSBers could have a lot of fun expressing ourselves creatively in Julia's nonpareil format.

Julia, thanks again for the great listening experience & best of luck to you! Your show was the pulse of Tuesday afternoon radio.
Re: Bring Back the JOCK!
December 18, 2006 05:26AM
i don't know who that person was.
December 18, 2006 07:27AM
I only got to listen once, but I was prerry amused by what I heard.
April 12, 2007 08:42AM
I really did not like that show. I do not think there was much intellect or intelligence in her talk, and it was definitely NOT music to work out to. Maybe music to inspire yourself to go postal (no reference to Hughes, although THAT would be quite ironic).
April 12, 2007 11:23AM
Playing indie music while pretending to be a DJ from a different genre? That's a novel idea, I can't believe no one did it before her. ^_^
Anonymous User
April 12, 2007 01:57PM
oh..oh...someone wants to start shit...watch out!
April 15, 2007 11:12AM
Maybe Julia can be WCSB's on-location Florida "spring break" correspondent?
Anonymous User
April 15, 2007 05:27PM
Yeah....spring break.....WHAT'S SPRING?!
April 23, 2007 05:39AM
again, i still do not even know who this girl is that you are talking about. must've missed that one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012