experimental-noise from Italy 3-28 @ front room gallery
March 08, 2009 07:32PM
Saturday March 28

Front Room Gallery
3615 Superior Ave, building 42 3rd floor

Show starts at 9:00

Stefano Pilia, Andrea Belfi, Jeffrey Alexander

Jeffery Alexander of Black Forest/Black Sea is teaming up with
Stefano Pilia and Andrea Belfi from Italy to hit a couple of cities in the midwest and beyond.

STEFANO PILIA (Bologna, Italy)
b.1978, Genoa, Italy
guitar, electronics
-solo and member of 3/4 Had Been Eliminated, Medves, SPQ
-collaborated with Black Forest/Black Sea, Giuseppe Ielasi, Renato Rinaldi
-multiple releases on labels such as Die Schachtel, Sedimental, Last Visible Dog, Soleilmoon, Hapna, Time-Lag, more
-has performed at Imaginaria Festival/Bari, Emotion/Milano, Torino Film Festival/Torino, installations: Raum/Bologna,
AS220/Providence, Viafarini/Milano

-"Pilia has become Italy's finest music export this year. After his stunning release on Last Visible Dog,
it was clear he had little competition. His subsonic drones are a thing of beauty; pulling in and pushing the listener
away simultaneously, keeping him or her in a constant state of limboith all things Stefano Pilia does, there is an
understated and simple beauty beneath them." (Brad Rose, Foxy Digitalis)
[www.myspace.com]

JEFFREY ALEXANDER (Pittsburgh, PA)
b.1968, Baltimore, USA
guitar, electronics, tambura
-solo and member of Black Forest/Black Sea, the Iditarod, SPQ
-collaborated with Fursaxa, Kemialliset Ystavat, Christina Carter, Gravenhurst, ES, Avarus
-multiple releases on labels such as Last Visible Dog, Music Fellowship, Time-Lag, Secret Eye, Fonal, more
-has performed at Terrastocks I, V, VI, VII, All Tomorrow's Parties/Minehead, Moonshake/Umea, Zu Fest/Roma,
8mm Festival/Castelfranco, VPRO National Dutch Radio, National Norwegian Radio, BBC Radio, more
-owner Secret Eye Records and Morning Glory Coffeehouse in Pittsburgh

-"Guitar, electronics and various small rackety sounds collect themselves into a haze of infinite possibilities.
At certain points there's a sparseness to their approach recalling Charalambides' quiet explosions; at others there's
a weird and wooly organic depth closer to some of the contemporary giants of the Finnish underground." (Byron Coley, Harp)

ANDREA BELFI
b.1979, Milano, Italy
drums, percussion, electronics
-solo and member of Medves
-has performed at Netmage Festival/Bologna, Klarafestival/Brussels, Ugglan Festival/Stockholm, Buziol/Venice,
VPRO National Dutch Radio, more
-multiple releases on labels such as Die Schachtel, Hapna, Wallace, Last Visible Dog, more

-"The real victory of Belfi is the ease of cohabitation of melody and experiment. Few do it so well" (Jon Dale, The Wire)

[www.myspace.com]
Re: experimental-noise from Italy 3-28 @ front room gallery
March 13, 2009 05:06PM
oh rad i didnt even know about this
March 14, 2009 05:43PM
A sage of my acquaintance once wrote: "

"everybody jammin' with everybody else is cool, but I mean, are we working towards a place where there's no real bands anymore? Every show just seems to be like, "look who's playing together now!"
March 19, 2009 05:12PM
well, you know, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

and, apparently rock 'n' roll is dead.

I'm going to be filing an injunction against Danny & The Juniors (who did "Rock and Roll Will Never Die")...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012