Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flamin Groovies!!

Posted by kristinsgarage 
Flamin Groovies!!
November 27, 2009 09:15AM
Rumors are starting. I guess I'm starting them, but it looks like THE Flamin' Groovies will be coming through town this winter. Last Spring I had the chance to go to New Orleans and attend the Ponderosa Stomp. The A-Bones backed Cyril Jordan & Roy Loney as = the Flamin' Groovies. It was an incredible show. It was their first time on stage together in decades. What an amazing night. So, I guess they decided to re-unite for some more dates. Look out for more details soon.
Re: Flamin Groovies!!
November 27, 2009 09:23AM
that would be so amazing! i hope it morphs from a rumor into definitive truth.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 22, 2010 04:35PM
Magic Christian is going to tour this summer. and there's rumors about them going to spain/ europa. i hope they get back here. more info soon . other rumors about cyril jordan and roy loney touring. something happened where they want to go to spain and the uk on the same trip.
May 31, 2010 09:29AM
I found out that one of the musicians in the backing band, has some personal problems. Or actually his wife was diagnosed with lymphoma. so . . . not sure if she battled it. I saw on My Space recently that Magic Christian, Cyril Jordan's band is supposed to tour again. I'm not sure if that means Europe or "the states". those magical musicians are elusive. If and When they return to Cleveland - you have to go see them!
December 31, 2010 02:47PM
Friday January 21st 2011 at the Beachland Tavern
Roy Loney- who was in Flaming Groovies, as the front man. he's pretty animated and entertaining when I saw him at Ponderosa stomp a year or so ago. Purple Knif is opening, former N.E. Ohioans. Johnny Teagle of Walking Clampetts and Chris Butler of the Waitresses. $ 12.00 admission.

Rumor has it that Magic Christian will be around this winter . . . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012