Posted by stephedk 
upcoming events: Avarus, Spires That In The Sunset Rise, Hermann Nitsch info
July 04, 2007 12:53PM
THIS SATURDAY:
Avarus (Finland)[see article in this week's "Scene"]
Manbeard (Rhode Island- Load records)
Thee Scarcity of Tanks
Terminal Lovers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also- TLALOC (me, mootdak, henry james, & J "the drum crusher" Guy) will be playing at Bela Dubby in Lakewood prior to this show
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thursday july 12
9 PM
$5

Spires That In The Sunset Rise (Chicago)
all female creepy experimental freak folk drone madness
www.myspace.com/spiresthatinthesunsetrise
or mp3s at www.spiresthatinthesunsetrise.com
fo' rills, yo- this shit is hot

Yellow Crystal Star (Florida)
the Honorable Pony Bones (of atlanta) described this one-man band as extended psychedelic freak-out guitar drone noise damage. this guy is also running film projections with his set...
www.myspace.com/yellowcrystalstar

The Ear is the Brain (Florida)
YCS's friends from the South join them for more total space-out freak drone smoke music.
www.myspace.com/theearisthebrain

Remora (North Carolina)
this guy has been playing this bent Jandek- meets- My Bloody Valentine inspired loner noise rock for over a decade now... Cassette and CDR friendly.
www.myspace.com/remora
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONE NIGHT ONLY
friday July 13
9 PM

A Celebration of the German Aktionist Hermann Nitsch
ABSOLUTELY NO ONE UNDER 18 ADMITTED!!!
NOT FOR THE SQUEMISH!!!

featuring selected films of Nitsch aktions 1962- present
PLUS
food
AND
music by

NOUMENA (members of Sword Heaven from Columbus)
www.gmby.net

AND
Ralph Hausmann- Beemask- Skin Graft- Mootdak & members of Emeralds

Hermann Nitsch
www.nitsch.org
A native of Austria, Nitsch was one of the founding members of the Aktionist movement, a still controversial branch of performance art that concerned itself with radical actions such as body mutilation, animal sacrifice, and other dionysian spectacle. If you squirm at the sight of blood you may not be ready for Nitsch's tortured rituals of brutal freedom. Seeking to transgress the absurdity of modern life and hearkening back to a more obviously primitive time, Nitsch's work questions the violence of societal mores and the invisible monsters that inhabit us all. This rarely-shown work has been protested by all manner of Human and Animal Rights' Organizations and is generally much maligned in the mainstream art world (despite Nitsch having an entire museum dedicated to his work in his native Austria). Post-War European art rarely gets more extreme than this. Find out where folks like Throbbing Gristle, Boyd Rice, and other art terrorists got their ideas!

AND- in case anyone has ever wondered, yes, Parish Hall is a certified tax-exempt non-profit (501c3) and generally speaking, we're a non profit in the most real sense- 100% of all money that's come in to this place has been spent paying bands or bills

PARISH HALL
6205 detroit
www.parishhallcleveland.com

"enjoy it while it lasts" [see this week's "Free Times" if you want the scoop]

"Sound system (sound system)
Same old rhythm
Disco jive, drive I man wild no.
Sound system (sound system)
Got I man a swinging
JUKEBOX JIVE can't cramp I style."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2007 12:55PM by stephedk.
I hope the food at the Nitsch event isn't just a pile of raw meat...
Re: upcoming events: Avarus, Spires That In The Sunset Rise, Hermann Nitsch info
July 09, 2007 01:15PM
actually, we're having it catered...
so it should be pretty decent, and vegetarian-friendly (hey, it's a post-irony era)

"Sound system (sound system)
Same old rhythm
Disco jive, drive I man wild no.
Sound system (sound system)
Got I man a swinging
JUKEBOX JIVE can't cramp I style."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012