Sat 11/20, 8pm: Herzog Movie Night: "Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" & "Stroszek" @bela
November 10, 2010 03:21PM
Sat 11/20: Movie Night with Jake Griswold, 8pm

Tribute night for outsider artist, musician, painter, actor Bruno Schleinstein (better known as Bruno S.). Bruno died in August at the age of 78. He was the lead actor in two of Werner Herzog's most bizarre films, "The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" (1974) and "Stroszek" (1977).
Both films in German with English subtitles.

"The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" (aka "Every Man for Himself and God Against All") 1974
[www.imdb.com]

"Stroszek"
[www.imdb.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Obituary

[www.guardian.co.uk]

WCSB Deejay & Music Director Jake "Throbbing" Griswold

screens movies at bela dubby periodically.

www.wcsb.org/programs/show-information/?showid=14

[www.myspace.com]
Re: Sat 11/20, 8pm: Herzog Movie Night: "Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" & "Stroszek" @bela
November 17, 2010 02:12PM
This Saturday!

[www.myspace.com]
And what about this event on Thursday?:

Thu 11/18, 8pm: Bollywood Movie Night, courtesy of Jeff Curtis

"An Evening in Paris" (1667) Starring the great Shammi Kapoor. (Also, random Indian music vids before & after)

1667! The Bollywood cinema was very much ahead of its time!

As for me, I've got a brimful of Asha on the 45...

"Have you got it yet?"
Re: Sat 11/20, 8pm: Herzog Movie Night: "Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" & "Stroszek" @bela
November 18, 2010 10:28AM
Come to Bela Dubby this Saturday at 8pm! I'm taking a break from the bottom of the barrell to show two masterpieces by German weirdo director Werner Herzog. I wanted to showcase two of his films, "The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser" and "Stroszek", both of which start Bruno S., who died in August.
Although these were Bruno's only roles, he is undoubtedly the greatest actor who ever lived.
The event is free and the movies will be shown on projector screen. Beer and other vices will be readily available. Come see the dancing chickens, ducks playing drums and a fire chief rabbit...
November 19, 2010 05:52PM
That video is amazing!!!!!!!
November 20, 2010 11:05AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012