Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Patti Smith WTF? July 27

Posted by Stand Clear 
Patti Smith WTF? July 27
July 18, 2007 10:21AM
Poll
Will Patti Smith perform Rock 'N Roll Nigger on the CBS Early Show?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
6 votes were received.
Yep 0

0%
Nope 5

83%
Don't Call Me Nigger, Whitey 1

17%

Patti Smith is playing at the Rock Hall for the CBS Early Show on July 27.

Oh, Patti. Why?! The Rock Hall I get with the induction and everything. But the Early Show?
Re: Patti Smith WTF? July 27
July 19, 2007 12:09AM
One Time, I was working at CD Game Exchange years ago, and that Patti Smith compliation: Land and Something or whatever it's called had just come out and I was playing it in the store and you were supposed to play things that wouldn't offend people and that song came on, but I was across the store and couldn't fix it or it would seem more ovbious so, I just left it and was scared the whole time that people would get mad and not understand. But nothing really happened. That was a really anti-climatic story.
July 26, 2007 03:22PM
CBS Early Show: Summer in the City.

It’s another plus for Cleveland—we’re in the national spotlight again!

Show your Northeast Ohio spirit as CBS’ The Early Show broadcasts their morning show LIVE on a huge stage in front of the Rock and Roll Hall of
Fame and Museum --rain or shine-- on Friday, July 27 from 7- 9am.

Come down to the Rock Hall before work for an all-star line up including weatherman and feature reporter Dave Price and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Patti Smith who will perform a free mini-concert to end the show.

Consider taking public transit with your co-workers to come down to the Rock Hall. Take RTA’s Waterfront Line to North Coast Station on E. 9th
Street or the B-Line Trolley to E. 9th and Lakeside.

Parking will be available for $6 at the Port Authority lot (behind the Browns stadium/Science Center) starting at 6:30 a.m.

The Rock Hall will be open early immediately following the Early Show broadcast at 9 a.m.

Show up at the Early Show’s live appearance with a homemade “Cleveland+” sign and you could win:

1. a two-pack of Browns tickets (vs. Cincinnati) - Sept. 16
2. a two-pack of Indians tickets (vs. Detroit, 5 rows behind home plate)- Sept. 17
3. a two-pack of Indians tickets (vs. Detroit, 5 rows behind home plate) - Sept. 17

Winners will be chosen randomly. All showgoers carrying homemade Cleveland+ signs or shirts bearing Cleveland+ can visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum for free immediately following the broadcast at 9 a.m. on July 27, 2007. No other offers apply. Offer good until noon of July 27, 2007 only.

We’ll see you soon! (Can’t make it? At least tune in on WOIO).
July 29, 2007 12:16PM
so did patti smith rip up a picture of the pope or anything?

was there any "streaking" going on

or

anything?
February 09, 2008 07:54AM
No---she taped up the picture of the Pope that Sinead O'Connor ripped up on SNL.
She did a good job, too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012