Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sun 12/5 - City/Ruins - Cleveland Noise Documentary Premiere and Show at Now That's Class!!

Posted by CultJam 
Sun 12/5 - City/Ruins - Cleveland Noise Documentary Premiere and Show at Now That's Class!!
November 30, 2010 06:02PM
City/Ruins is a documentary about the Noise and Industrial sound movement in a city crushed by Industrial collapse - Examining the effects of the mired economy on this underground art community and the art that is produced in it's wake. The story is built around interviews and performance clips of those involved in the scene, intertwined with visual evidence of Industrial decay, via montage of decayed landscapes.

eye popping smileyCity/Ruins Trailereye popping smiley

City/Ruins Premiere screening party This Sunday 12/5 at Now That's Class - 7pm

To help celebrate......
Dead Peasant Insurance
Lupus Sol
Contamination Diet
Plague Mother

Schedule-

7:00 PM Doors
7:30 PM - 7:45 PM Dead Peasant Insurance
8PM - 8:15 PM Lupus Sol
8:30 - 11:00 PM City/Ruins Screening
11:30 - 12:00 AM Contamination Diet
12:00 - 12:30 AM Plague Mother

Admission is $6, of which all will go towards pressing the DVD!

Donations towards the DVD pressing will be graciously accepted too!
Fund Raising merch table will also be present with new items and tons of specially priced stuff!
Post Party until they lock the doors at 2AM

WED 12/1 - 7pm on WCSB - Filmmakers Stephen Petrus and Aaron Vilk will be special guests on the Mysterious Black Box -

We'll talk about the making of the film, and Stephen and Aaron will perform a live set as their duo, Lupus Sol.
We'll also be giving away passes to the premiere screening and show at Now That's Class, Sunday Dec. 5th.

there has been a schedule change - people have requested that the film be shown earlier with the bands playing afterwards, so

the new schedule:

8pm - doors
9pm - City/Ruins screening (with intermission)
bands all play afterwards, probably around midnight
Original post:

8:30 - 11:00 PM City/Ruins Screening

Updated post:

people have requested that the film be shown earlier
9pm - City/Ruins screening (with intermission)

My comments:
A.) That's not earlier.
B.) Maybe this [www.nowthatsclass.net] could also be updated.
C.) It's a wonderful life.

"Have you got it yet?"
haha - i guess the "original" post was outdated, but just got the word yesterday that NTC wanted the filmmakers to start the whole event later, which means the film would have been screened at, like, 11pm? if any bands played first, so 9pm *is* earlier than that!

i did not book this event, the filmmakers did. nor did i have anything to do with the schedule : )
and i have no control over NTC's webpage either. guess they're busy like everyone else! didn't see you there anyway, andrew.
I did intend to attend, but alas it was not to be.

I wasn't blaming you for the changes, I was just confused.

Was the event sufficiently rusty?

"Have you got it yet?"
the event was dripping with rust

if you're interested in seeing the film, there will be more screenings - i'll keep you posted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012