From Monday, June 4th, 2007 to Monday, August 13th, 2007 WCSB World News Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings will be hosted by Liz from Live Transmission (Thursdays 9-11am) and possibly other CSB d.j's. I'm not going to be living in Ohio during that time, hence I can't do the show.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Classic and modern indie rock.
www.facebook.com/WCSBworldnewstonight
Re: The news about WCSB World News Tonight if you didn't hear about it already.
March 31, 2007 10:04PM
Where are you going Pete? I didn't know you were allowed to get subs for that long.
yeah, just where do you think you're GOING, young man??

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
I'm going to be in New Jersey on active duty with the Coast Guard. As far as the sub thing goes I talked to J. Guy about it and gave him a letter with all the specifics. He said it was cool. But, if we're not supposed to get subs for that long and it'll cause problems I'll give up the time slot.

WCSB World New Tonight with the Living Peter Jennings airing Sundays noon to 2 p.m.
Speaking of news, might WCSB consider actually reading some kind of actual, real news during its show, if only just for a few minutes on the hour or on the half hour?
I'd actually be down with doing that on my show.

April 02, 2007 10:07AM
It wouldn't be practical. We'd have to have an actual news department and such. And with CSU being a commuter college, it would be difficult to keep a regular staff of students on hand all the time to compile and read news at the top of the hour.
I was thinking more along the lines of the individual d.j.'s compiling news to be read on there own show if they chose to do so. I could definetly do that for my show considering I'm on CNN.com, Cleveland.com and MSNBC.com all the time when I'm online (and when I'm not on Wiki or My Space). I do agree with the difficulties associated with creating and maintaining a news department at a school such as CSU. Are there any d.j.'s who actually live on campus?

April 02, 2007 01:46PM
I didn't know you were in the coast guard. no, i wasn't offended that you were keeping your time slot. in fact, i am happy about it... i was just sayin'... you know, kind of wondering for future reference. That's good that j guy is letting you do that.
Hey not that I can do half as good a Job as you can Mr. Jennings but I would be more than willing to sub for your show if liz can't do it from time to time. I'm sure listeners have forgotten about me by now and would forgive you for letting me do your show.
GiraffesOnFire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't know you were in the coast guard. no, i
> wasn't offended that you were keeping your time
> slot. in fact, i am happy about it... i was just
> sayin'... you know, kind of wondering for future
> reference. That's good that j guy is letting you
> do that.

I'm not officially in the Coast Guard yet. I will be on June 5th. I've been kicking around the idea to enlist in the reserves since 2005 and I finally decided to do it. With the student loans I'm going to have after I finish up at CSU (which I estimate to be 2009 at the earliest) the extra money I'll be getting we definetly help. Plus I need a change in my life. Things haven't been good for a while and I needed to do something completely different.

xpat138 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey not that I can do half as good a Job as you
> can Mr. Jennings but I would be more than willing
> to sub for your show if liz can't do it from time
> to time. I'm sure listeners have forgotten about
> me by now and would forgive you for letting me do
> your show.

That'd be awesome! I'll let Liz know.

April 03, 2007 04:50AM
I think doing the news would only help the Communications department get closer to taking over the station. That's their thing, news/journalism.

Maybe news that isn't covered by the other media outlets. Whatever that would be that isn't tabloid, liberal/conservative, or new-age hippie crap. But then again that would take a journalistic approach to the news and the Comm. dept. would be all over that.

grain of salt.
the news i would like to hear is stuff like "boy who loves vacuum cleaners has 150" or "couple commits suicide over death of dog".

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
News...to keep the comm department away we should give the type of good Journalism that the national inquire give..."human boy bat sez he is God after Finding secrete Nostradamus documents that predict the end of the world after boy bat has a baby with Anna Nicole smith's Dead toes.....more on page 6"
my favorite was one of today's headlines:

"DNA will prove which man is the baby's father," say doctors.

NO SHIT.

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
Do they mean Arto Lindsay, et al.? Maybe Teenage Jesus and the Jerks know the story behind how Anna Nicole's son died.
April 03, 2007 08:53PM
Did anyone see those dog/monkey friends? It is my favorite when different kinds of animals are buddies. I would report news like that.
CJ: yes they were talking about Anna Nicole's baby. Hopefully she will grow up relatively un-slutty because AN is not around to influence her. either that or she'll come to worship photos and video of her dead mother and make it her life's goal to emulate her in every way possible.

E: or when that mother dog nursed the little kittens? or a cat nursed puppies or something. it was one of those. and also either a cat or a dog nursed some piglets...probably the dog.

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
TRIMSPA BABY!
April 04, 2007 08:11PM
There is a giant, chocolate, crucifix jesus that people got mad about.
yeah...because it's anatomically correct.
UM
aren't those the same people who teach that we are "made in God's image" and that we should "celebrate" the body we have been given?

plus the name was great (my sweet lord)...i love it

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
That reminds me of that scene from "The Ref" when Dennis Leary ate the head of a chocolate baby Jesus.
GOF in particular might enjoy the following: "Dog nurses Tiger triplets at China zoo" AP via Yahoo! News - May 17 4:43 AM "It's a dog's life for three newborn tiger triplets in eastern China. The cubs, whom officials at the Jinan Paomaling Wild Animal World in Shandong province are so far just calling "One," "Two" and "Three," have been nursed by a dog since they were rejected by their tiger mother shortly after birth, said Paomaling manager Chen Yucai." (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070517/ap_on_fe_st/odd_china_dog_nurses_tigers_4 20.5.07)
May 23, 2007 12:16PM
Music news would be appropriate. Show announcements w/ some info about the bands (interesting blurbs about the artist, bio-news, history of the recording, etc), post-show reviews, venue reviews, artist spotlight sets - i.e. more than just album/song title/show dates.

but some people are already doing that, of course.

Maybe Campus News would be something to incorporate into PSA time - reading a Campus News item would count as a PSA and tie the station in more with Cleveland State?

That's probably not the kind of news you were talking about, though.
i like the kind of news that appears in the police blotter of the university newspaper. the blurbs like "A 1993 Nissan Sentra was broken into in the Z lot on Wednesday evening. The owner reported that several compact discs were missing from the vehicle"

now THAT's news!

Friday nights 9pm-11pm
Krauty McKraut has started a regular "Knuckleheads in the News" feature.
Krauty just did his "Hooters in the Holy Land" report for _Knuckleheads in the News._ It was really funny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012