Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whiskey Island

Posted by Ben DeDominicis 
Whiskey Island
April 09, 2007 01:05PM
Has WCSB in the past announced calls for submissions to _Whiskey Island_? CSU radio and literary forums supporting each other seems to be a good move for everyone involved.
Re: Whiskey Island
April 09, 2007 02:55PM
Whiskey Island?! I have never, ever seen a copy of it around campus!

Does it really exist?
Anonymous User
April 09, 2007 04:50PM
Did you hear about the one where supposedly we have a radio station in our university? The shitty thing is that they don't play no Faith Hill.

Anyways I don't know if Boogie's remark was intentional or not in reference to our university not knowing about us or that he has actually never seen a copy of The Magazine, Come to think of Neither have I.
April 09, 2007 08:29PM
I literally meant that I had never seen a copy and was making no reference to the fact that people on campus don't know about our station.

But yeah, that's always a good thing to bring up... What sucks is that even a lot of cool indie people who would like much of what we play don't even know about us.
April 11, 2007 01:52PM
Dronecore last year said he saw a CSU van around town with a picture on the side a "CSU student" at the programmer microphone at WCSB. He had never before seen this person, i.e. a model was posing as such for the photograph.

What did this model look like? Little Johnnie or Janie Indierocker? Or like those wonderful, well-adjusted happy students on a university promo portal page?
April 11, 2007 02:20PM
Those wonderful, well-adjusted happy students on a university promo portal page.

That's not what we're about at all.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2007 09:07PM
Yeah! I see that Van Every day and it Pisses me off! Count Lapone should be on that Van!
April 12, 2007 08:36AM
yeah that fake dj is blonde, toothy, and wearing a conservative t-shirt.

----------------------------------------------
Drinking Electricity-all your new wave, no wave and post-punk favorites
Friday nights 9pm-11pm
April 13, 2007 06:35AM
Why not post an annual WCSB "family picture?" Perhaps each programmer could post a "professional" portrait photo.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2007 11:04AM
I remember a few years back a WCSB calendar was propose I still think it would be a funny and good Idea!
April 15, 2007 07:05PM
Its startime!

When you go to the Main Classroom Building, immediately outside the slowest glass elevator on Earth, you will see see a CSU propaganda poster that features Mr. Jon Hicks.

Yep.

For real.

Star time.
Anonymous User
April 17, 2007 10:13AM
I remember shakesomeaction and rooter scooter hooter once told me they wanted to steal that sign.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012