Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy 35th Birthday WCSB

Happy 35th Birthday WCSB
May 10, 2011 11:48AM
WCSB turns 35 today. On this day in 1976, we began broadcasting at 89.3FM from "University Tower" room UT956. The first song aired was "Pepperland" by the Beatles. We had a staff of under 40 people, all of whom possessed 3rd class broadcast licenses, that ran the station from 7am until midnight on weekdays and 9am -2am on weekends.
Re: Happy 35th Birthday WCSB
May 18, 2011 10:58AM
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! hot smiley

awesome
June 23, 2011 12:09AM
I think WCSB needs a Mission Statement.

According to principles of strategic planning, on the basis of a Mission Statement, WCSB can then derive a promotional slogan.

I thought first about, "WCSB: We make Cleveland Cool!" But then, I realized that half of the programming is "ethnic," and much of the audience might not have the familiarity with English necessary to understand what "cool" means here.

Then, I thought about, "WCSB: Something for Everybody!" It plays on the latest release by NE Ohio-native Devo, but then, I realized that WCSB doesn't really have something for everybody, e.g. charismatic evangelicals.

Then, I came up with, "WCSB: Still Waiting for the Rapture!" It uses irony to highlight that WCSB highlights culture outputs that are predominantly non-WASP, and evangelicals are the first to condemn Harold Camping as a "false prophet," but then, WCSB probably doesn't want to risk making any more enemies.

Then, I thought up, "WCSB: Celebrating Diversity!" Nobody can f*ck with you with a motto like that one.
July 04, 2011 03:19PM
WCSB has a mission statement. We also have a slogan - "Cleveland's FM Alternative". Perhaps we need to educate our listeners on what they are but I don't think we will be changing them anytime soon. We have been "Cleveland's FM Alternative" for the last 35 years.
August 01, 2011 12:36PM
Rapture addendum:

[www.subgenius.com]
September 21, 2011 06:46PM
This artistic creation was born in the same year as WCSB.

[www.youtube.com]
September 24, 2011 05:20AM
I dig the USA!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012