Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bruce Berger

Posted by krautymckraut 
Bruce Berger
October 17, 2006 09:07AM
I was listening to Sergio's show this morning and heard him announce that Bruce Berger had died. I was very saddened by this news. If anyone knows the address for his family, please post it on this fourm. Thank you.
glb
Re: Bruce Berger
October 19, 2006 06:54AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think he spelled his last name Burger. Bruce A. Burger. A, stands for Arnold, which was his fathers name. I'm also trying to find out if there will be a service. I heard that there will be one Sunday, but haven't heard if it was decided on or any of the particulars. I think his daughters who live in Tennessee and South Carolina are coming to the area. His brother lives in Chagrin Falls. And a sister lives somewhere else, who is also flying in. There's supposed to be something in the obits of the Plain Dealer & News-Herald on Wednesday or Thursday, but I haven't been able to find anything. Anyone, with any info. please post or pass it on.

Thank You
October 19, 2006 09:11AM
To all it may concern :

The information that I received at this time, which is very imcomplete until the Plain Dealer publishes it tommorrow in the obituary columm, is directly from Bruce's brother Vernon Burger. The funeral home for the service, from what I was told, will be as follows......

Crobaugh-Danaher Funeral Home
22595 Lake Shore Bl.
(near E. 220th)

For specific direction please call :
(216)-731-4259

The service for him is Saturday, from 4pm to 7pm.

Obituary will be in the Plain Dealer in the Metro section, on Friday and Saturday.

Any, ANY further questions or concerns, please further them to Bruce's brother, Vernon ("Vern") at the following telephone number :

(330)-562-5557

Thank you all for reading this important information, continue to please pray for Bruce, his family, and friends that truly cared for him and that got to know him in his truly wonderful life.

Jason Bazdar,
Bruce's former co-DJ on "Rare Finds"
My e-mail address : Beiderbecke78@aol.com
October 20, 2006 08:35AM
This is the obit listing on the website for the funeral home...

Bruce Arnold Burger
December 4, 1936 - October 16, 2006

Bruce Arnold Burger died Monday, October 16 in Cleveland, Ohio. Born in Cleveland on December 4, 1936 to the late Dorothy and Arnold Burger of Euclid, he is survived by his daughters Sabrina McElyea of Knoxville, TN and Yvonne Mangum of Greenville, SC; brother Vernon Burger of Aurora, OH and sister Beverly Reed of Longwood, FL. Bruce majored in Radio and Television at Kent State University and also held an elementary school teaching certificate. In addition to teaching, Bruce was also a radio announcer. He was affiliated with different stations in the Cleveland area, including WKHR and WZAK. His latest programs were on WCPN as the host of "Rare Finds", a show which located and played old and rare music. Bruce was an accomplished accordionist who wrote music and played with different polka bands in the Cleveland area. His playing was influenced by the old polka masters, Doc Lausche and Johnny Pecon. He was also accomplished in photography and videography. A MEMORIAL GATHERING WILL BE HELD 4-7PM SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21 at the CROBAUGH-DANAHER FUNERAL HOME, 22595 Lake Shore Boulevard, Euclid, OH. Memorials in his name may be made to the American Cancer Society, 1148 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115
Bruce Burger
October 22, 2006 03:54PM
This message has been deleted from an earlier draft -- please ignore this entry.

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2006 04:54PM by jrb_rare_finds.
October 29, 2006 01:09PM
To all those concerned :

The tribute show for Mr. Bruce Arnold Burger has been defintely cancelled until sometime next year. Sorry for any inconviences.

Thank you.

Jason Bazdar,
Bruce Burger's former co-DJ "Rare Finds"
WCSB 89.3 FM -- Cleveland, Ohio

Beiderbecke78@aol.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2006 04:51PM by jrb_rare_finds.
March 27, 2007 08:29AM
To all who are concerned :

The tribute show for Bruce Burger has been cancelled, effective immediately, for good -- due to a lack of support on my behalf from his friends and members of the radio station at WCSB 89.3 FM. Maybe if someone who is reluctant to come foward and help me out from the station to concoct and format a tribute show for Bruce that was suppose to happen last year, then maybe I wouldn't cancel it altogether. But until someone comes forward, this case is off my shoulders and defintely cancelled for good.

Any suggestions, questions, comments or whatever, feel free to contact me at my e-mail address, no phone calls please !!

E-mail address to contact me : Beiderbecke78@aol.com

Thank you for understanding !!

Mr. Jason R. Bazdar,
Parma, Ohio
Beiderbecke78@aol.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012