Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

W.orld C.lass S.uggestion B.ox

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
W.orld C.lass S.uggestion B.ox
August 22, 2007 10:02AM
Hello listeners, donors, programmers and friends / supporters of WCSB,

Sorry for the cheesy post title, but it was the best thing I could come up with in the second I thought about it.

As you may have guessed, Radiothon is just around the corner (I can Feel it! its presence is so powerful!) and we are looking for ways to improve the experience with in Radiothon and in all other aspects of our Lovely station.

Although we are just a humble little college station, thanks to the Forum, along with many other communication tools that technology has provided for us, we have been able to strengthen, expand, and improve our Alternative Radio culture. Even with in our station we have experienced a new level of interaction and friendship. There are even people here who have been programmers for over 10 years and have just recently “met” each other for the first time.

The WCSB Forum may be just a simple tool, but it has crushed the barrier between Supporter and Programmer. I believe it has made listening to our station a more personal experience. As an art form, the forum allows the audience to ask, praise, criticize, the programmer about his art.

In the times we live in, where corporate corruption and political greed reign supreme, It is important for small fries like us to stay united and supportive of one another (be careful with those words Felipe….**I was speaking in terms of being supportive in a pluralistic, democratic, communal society where people are still allowed to have their own opinions and not get ostracized for them) .

I would like to take simple tool and use it to the fullest. What you are reading here right now, is the introduction to one of the many ways you can invest and contribute to our community. With out you we are nothing and with out WCSB you hear nothing (I’m not dissing just being dramatic).

This is the W.orld C.lass S.uggestion B.ox

You have three ways to make your suggestions:

1) Post it PUBLICALLY in this thread
2) Send a private message
3) Send me an e mail titled “WCSB Suggestions” to: gm@wcsb.org

Send suggestions, comments, concerns, praises, complaints or Christian inquiries for love and bed manner… or whatever else you want. I want to hear it and I will respond.

Thanks everyone for making this Job Worthwhile…

I still remain,
Felipe Cristobal Amunategui Rivera
General Manager for WCSB Cleveland

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2007 05:20PM by xpat138.
Re: W.orld C.lass S.uggestion B.ox
August 22, 2007 02:03PM
1) Post it privately in this thread

You meant to say "Post it PUBLICALLY in this thread," I'm sure...

Anyway, I don't know how practical this would really be, but I thought it would be fun to start a WCSB wiki. Like a Wikipedia-esque site dedicated to chronicling the history of WCSB and its DJs.

I don't know, though. It might be too easy to abuse. But it would be great to have a resource for looking up info about WCSB shows past and present. Like if I make a reference to something sounding like an episode of Chris and Thea, it would be awesome if newer listeners could go somewhere to find out who Chris and Thea are/were.
Anonymous User
August 22, 2007 05:22PM
That's a pretty sweet Idea. I am not worried about how affective this will be. I just want people to know that I am here to hear them out and if it is a good Idea do something about it.
August 22, 2007 10:15PM
im pretty sure chris and theas website is still up and running...
August 23, 2007 12:36AM
Good. Then their wiki page would have a link to it. ^_^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012