Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webcam

Posted by scruggscorp 
Webcam
November 13, 2006 05:00PM
Greetings one and all. I have installed a webcam up at WCSB 89.3FM, Cleveland. I and a few others will be running it during our shows. If you would like to tune in on line you can view us at www.voiceandvideochat.com. Creating a membership is free and allows you to view up to 3 cameras at once as well as listen in to the livestream of the radio station (assuming we hook it up correctly).

All you need to do is log in at voiceandvideoweb.com, go into the "general chat" area and then into the "Neutral Zone" room.

It all works pretty easily but we probably won't be webcasting 24/7 for awhile, if ever (some people are just too shy). Currently only a handful of shows are using it although I expect several more to start using it soon.

The ability to interact live with an audience (and have the audience members interact with each other) can add a real cool element to any show.

xxxooo,

Keith

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
Re: Webcam
November 14, 2006 03:54PM
Thanks go to Boogiepop and Governor Rocknar for helping me get the webcam up and running as well as for Dr. Synester for his patience while we were working around him.

Scruggscorp Syndicated Radio
Sunday Nights, Midnight- 2 AM
November 14, 2006 10:23PM
i will try this out thursday somehow.

---------------------------------

carnage asada [U GNARLIN?]
thursday night 11p-1a

you will miss me when im gone. you will miss my hateful song.
November 15, 2006 09:56PM
I was going to use the webcam, but no one was in the Neutral Zone, so I just decided to forget about it.

But if I ever fill in for one of the Saturday night shows again, I'll definitely use it.
November 16, 2006 01:46PM
baaaaad idea for our show. too many perverts.
November 16, 2006 03:01PM
What's the proper number of perverts?
November 17, 2006 10:01AM
I'D SAY 2 IS THE LIMIT...ONE FOR EACH OF US
Anonymous User
November 17, 2006 11:25PM
what difference does it make?what makes you think that the perves don't already do perverted things when they are listening to you?
November 19, 2006 02:16AM
scruggs- when i went to use the webcam it said i had to reinstall the logitech software. im not sure if this has happened to anyone else or im webcam illiterate, but i figure i may as well mention it.

---------------------------------

carnage asada [U GNARLIN?]
thursday night 11p-1a

you will miss me when im gone. you will miss my hateful song.
November 20, 2006 03:04PM
First of all... are you guys concerned about there being too many perverts in the studio or too many perverts checking you out online?

Second of all... You should not have to reinstall the camera. You probably clicked on the camera icon on the desktop. This is not necessary. If you go to Voiceandvideochat.com and log on, the program will ask you if you want to make your camera available for publishing.

After that you should click on the little white ball icon which will then bring up an image of the wcsb webcam. This should help you adjust the image if necessary.

On the bottom you should click the "Talk/Hands Free button" this will keep the mic locked on.

********IMPORTANT*******

Another thing about the mic.... next to the hands free button is a little tool icon. If you click on it you can change the audio settings as well as select the source for the audio. The "logicpro camera/mic" will broadcast that the mic signal from inside the studio. This includes everything you say or do. The The Line in function (Soundcard) will enable the listeners to hear the on-air signal only.

Does all that make sense?

Let me know
November 21, 2006 08:44AM
As the Bush Tetras once sang, "I don't want to go out on the street--there's too many creeps! Too many creeps!"
Anonymous User
November 22, 2006 11:11AM
I did a naked show once...wearing nothing but a welders helmet...It did not go to well
November 22, 2006 01:43PM
HAHA THAT WAS DYNAMIC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012