Anonymous User
REEL TO REEL
November 22, 2006 11:23AM
Anyone know where the casset fest reels went? when I have nothing to do I like listening to them....I know that DJ Manikin MAN Senior...was trying to copy some into CDR but I do not know if he gave up or what....all I find in the reel to reel boxes is a bunch of Public affairs and world shows.....please HElp!
Oh and for all you programers out there does any one know the fate of the reel to reel machine if we were to you know....(that thing we talk about all the time....you the one about the chicken going to a bigger hen house)
Re: REEL TO REEL
November 23, 2006 04:46PM
We absolutely need to keep at least one reel to reel in service for archived material, regardless of space issues. I'm interested in knowing who is recording what from the archives. I'm want to transfer a few things on to cds but why should I if someone else has already done what I'm about to do. Is there a way that we can make CDR copies for the station as well as any personal copies we are making. If we do such a thing we need to think aobut where they need to be stored. Should they go in to an office under lock and key or should we make a new section for them in the library. At the very least communcation between each other about what is being or has been transfred will save us time.
Anonymous User
November 25, 2006 01:59AM
all I know it was right around this time last year (before radiothon) that a former executive staff member had threaten to toss certain reels that were considerd obsolete...hearing this a certain caped crusader claim that he would come to the rescue....I witness several days with in the course of several weeks of him making an attempt to save the reels into some form of modern media. I am not aware what the end result was or if the project got finished....all I know is that there is two boxes full of public affair reels but no caset fest or other shows and me is sad.
November 29, 2006 03:35PM
There are more tapes! there are some in the filing cabinet in the listening room as well as some in one of the offices (I think the GM's) in a drawrer. That stuff is largely old id's, psa's and in some cases old shows that people thought were worthy of saving.
Anonymous User
November 30, 2006 09:59PM
sweet!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012