GREAT NEWS! WCSB REMAINS CLASSIFED AS "NON-COMMERCIAL!"
March 03, 2007 08:10AM
I just heard Steve from "Steve's Folk" mention on the _Hungarian Hour_ that WCSB will continue internet audio streaming because "the powers that be" ruled that WCSB is "non-commercial" so it does not have to pay those exorbitant fees!

Now, I hope the other Cleveland college stations will also resume streaming. More company for WCSB means that WCSB is less likely to be a target.
Re: GREAT NEWS! WCSB REMAINS CLASSIFED AS "NON-COMMERCIAL!"
March 04, 2007 11:07AM
Are you sure about this? I thought that it didn't matter whether or not WCSB was commercial or not. Aren't they trying to apply the fees and reporting B.S. anyway so that they'll drive non-comms off the Internet?
March 04, 2007 12:11PM
Well, I just restated what I think I heard Steve say. Steve didn't mention anything about 'the powers that be' but I think the rest is a paraphrase of his brief statement. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Hopefully, I am not mistaken.
Anonymous User
March 05, 2007 10:34AM
Yes after the great news we recently found out that is under review...boo hoo
March 06, 2007 08:28AM
WCSB will prevail!
March 11, 2007 01:34PM
I see that WCSB changed its portal page. Is the issue regarding the status of WCSB and its obligations regarding copyrighted music finally settled (at least for now)?

(By the way, Order-Disorder and Stand Clear of the Closing Doors today have been great. I am in my office seven days a week and I appreciate some "adult contemporary" music on Sundays as well as during the work week).
April 12, 2007 10:06AM
Yeah, as I have known, and was clarified @ GSM the other night, we will probably have to pay for webstreaming. We have ALWAYS been non-commercial, but so far have been expected to pay for it when the time comes. One does not negate the other. So either Steve was wrong or you misunderstood. However, we remain hopeful that an exception will be made. But it hasn't been made YET.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 6 on October 02, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 177 on June 09, 2012