Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tuesday Club. 7/28/15, 7-9 PM

Posted by stephedk 
Tuesday Club. 7/28/15, 7-9 PM
July 28, 2015 11:47PM
Today, before my show, around, let's say 4:30 PM, I heard a DJ play "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream and some mid-'90s song by R.E.M.

The archive of my show hasn't worked in at least three (3) weeks.

This is the future of WCSB.

I've been listening to this station since the mid '90s and this is the first time it's been so embarrassing it's made me want to quit

7/28 (You can't listen to it) ((cause this 5 year old website still doesn't work no matter how much you donate))

Negativland "Helter Stupid"
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' (excerpt)
"Four Fingers"
"Christianity Is Stupid"
"The Gun & The Bible"
"Theme From A Big 10-8 Place"
"Time Zones"
"Our National Anthem"
PSAs/ Talking

Apostles "Onye Akpa"
Pailhead "Man Should Surrender"
Discharge "Never Again"
Brainiac "Cookie Doesn't Sing"
Today Is The Day "Execution Style"
Butthole Surfers "Hurdy-Gurdy Man"
Fatima Mansions "Only Losers Ride The Bus" (Jack Dangers Remix)
Elvis/ Sunn O))/ William S. Burroughs: Fuck You

IT'S EMBARRASSING WHAT'S PASSING FOR COLLEGE RADIO THESE DAYS. YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE INTERNET THAT KIDS WOULD HAVE A WIDE VARIETY OF CHOICES. INSTEAD THEY ARE SIMPLY BRAINWASHED SIMPLETONS CHOOSING WHATEVER YOUTUBE INJECTS INTO THEIR THOUGHTLESS PHONES. HENCE SPORTS SHOWS, MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS, AND TEENAGERS PLAYING VIDEOGAME THEMES. THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL THE STATION IS GOING TO STAY AFLOAT LIKE THIS. GOODBYE. HERE'S A FUCKING HINT, CHILD, IF THEY REGULARLY PLAY IT ON CORPORATE RADIO YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY IT ON OUR GODDAMN STATION. SHOVE CREAM AND R.E.M UP YOUR IDIOT ASS. OH AND HEY, THE "BROADCASTING IN FUNNY VOICES AND PLAYING SHITTY MUSIC " THING ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, "GRUMPY OLD MAN." YEAH, THAT'S WHAT IT'S BECOME. A BUNCH OF OUT OF TOUCH PEOPLE PLAYING MAINSTREAM CRAP. CONGRATULATIONS, POSEURS. FIRE ME. FUCK YOU. THIS USED TO BE SOMETHING I WAS PROUD OF. NOW IT'S FUCKING WEAK. PLAY ANOTHER LED ZEPPELIN OR CURE SONG, BITCH. HAVE YOU NEVER NOTICED HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF RECORDS ARE IN THE STATION'S COLLECTION? AMATEUR. WAINSTEAD ROLLS IN HIS GRAVE.

Last week's show: (ALSO NOT ARCHIVED ON THIS FAKE ASS SHIT even though 55 people were up ON MY ASS while I was trying to broadcast like, "Uhhhh, can I take a picture of the board, bro...?" )

Good protocol.

7/21/15 (You couldn't download it because I'm an Anarchist!)

Albert Ayler "Spirits Rejoice"
"Witches & Devils"
MARS "Helen Fordsdale"
Kicking Giant "Satellite"
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "In The Ghetto"
Wooley/ Rempis/ Niggenkemper/ Corsano "Serpent's Tooth"
DNA "Egomaniac's Kiss"
Flamin' Groovies "Teenage Head"

PSAs Talking Etc

Ballister "Fornax"
Teenage Jesus & The Jerks "Orphans"
Discharge "Never Again" (Live 1983)
"Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing" (Studio, 82)
Caspar Brotzmann Massaker "Massaker"

PSAs Talking ETC

Albert Ayler "Ghosts 2nd Variation"

Note: This was not archived because it didn't explicitly kiss the ass of the ruling classes. From now on, only Government-Issued Rock will be archived. Expect the station to become as much like WMMS as possible. This fall we'll only be playing The Rolling Stones and Joy Division. The good news is: NO ONE'S LISTENING ANYWAY.

FUCK.

Re: Tuesday Club. 7/28/15, 7-9 PM
July 29, 2015 12:20AM
College radio, by definition, is supposed to be NON-commercial.

So everytime you play music by a mainstream, commercial act on this station, you are not only BETRAYING THE TRUST of your listener-base, you are also PADDING THE POCKETS OF OUR ENEMIES.

It's embarrassing to have people programming this shit. Do some research. This used to be a great station. You're supposed to be EDUCATORS, fucking dimwits. I shouldn't have to be telling you this.

Good luck having a successful radiothon if this is what you think college radio should be.

Media Gentrification. We shoulda never left Rhodes Tower.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login