Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mysterious Black Box - Wednesdays 7pm-9pm - November 2015

Posted by CultJam 
Mysterious Black Box - Wednesdays 7pm-9pm - November 2015
November 06, 2015 11:13AM
November 4, 2015

Tonight's show featured a Sun Ra Arkestra ticket giveaway and a preview of the Mysterious Black Box 2015 Radiothon premiums you can get by donating to WCSB's Radiothon next week during my show. These include two recordings made just for Radiothon by Murderous Vision and Forest Management, an Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb pedal package, contact mics made by Sam Harmon, and a bunch of other recordings on cd, cassette, and vinyl starting at the $10 donation level. I'll be posting my full premium lists soon ~ WCSB's got a bunch of really great station premiums this year as well, available as thank yous for donating to your favorite show next week during Radiothon! Check our website wcsb.org for updates and photos of these items, including this year's Radiothon t-shirt designed by a local artist.
Radiothon starts this Sunday 11/8 at noon and goes for a week.

Cara and Mike Gangloff w/ The Great American Drone Orchestra - Knock On Life's Door - "Moon River"

The North Sea - Grandeur & Weakness 12" - "Disease Vector"

Murderous Vision - Possens (release for Radiothon) - "Tangite" excerpt

Forest Management - Snapshot (release for Radiothon) - title track excerpt

Earthquaker Devices Levitation Reverb Pedal Demo
(more info about the Levitation Reverb Pedal heresmiling smiley
[earthquakerdevices.com]

Twig Harper - s/t - untitled track

The Haters - In The Shade Of Fire - "Diti"

Tatsuya Nakatani - Gong - untitled track excerpt

Sun Ra Arkestra - website - "Space Is The Place"
-Ticket Giveaway-
Sun Ra & His Intergalactic Research Arkestra - It's After The End Of The World - "Strange Dreams - Strange Worlds - Black Myth - It's After the End of the World" excerpt

Mike Shiflet - Joe Panzner split cassette - "Recollect" excerpt

Re: Mysterious Black Box - Wednesdays 7pm-9pm - November 2015
November 19, 2015 12:02PM
November 11, 2015

Radiothon 2015 Show - Tonight I played tracks from recordings you could get by donating to WCSB this year and begged for money ~ THANK YOU so much to all who donated by pledging funds and providing premiums for us this year!!! You rule, and I am extremely grateful for your support hot smiley

Re: Mysterious Black Box - Wednesdays 7pm-9pm - November 2015
November 19, 2015 12:06PM
November 18, 2015

Tonight's show featured new/recent releases and music from bands performing in the area over the next week + some older gems and a Paul Laffoley tribute.

Faangface (Akron) - The Ship Is Doomed - "Everyone On This Ship Is A Goddamned Liar"

Palm - Trading Basics - "Time Times Three / Crank"
Banned Books - Flawless demo - "Past Life Story / Must Be the Ghost"
Indek (Kent) - Ghost Archive - "Spectral Leakage"

The Fallen - SITH 008 Podcast - "Live at Inferno Columbus 04042015" excerpt
Dead Corporate Eyes (Cleveland) - Inevitable Dissolution of the Integument - medley

Prince Rama of Ayodhya - Architecture of Utopia - "Breaking The Kitsch Barrier / Aeolian Divine"

Jannick Schou - Act of Shimmering 12" - "Empty Sky / title track"

Jacoti Sommes - Ubermensch - title track excerpt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login